Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is pleased to announce that the San Antonio Police Department has placed two new EC120’s into service, giving them an all-Airbus Helicopters helicopter fleet for patrol and search-and-rescue missions.
Deployment the new EC120’s marks the beginning of a fleet upgrade project that will likely result in the purchase of at least one more EC120 over the next few years. The agency also operates an Airbus Helicopters AS350B3 for use in fire-fighting, search and rescue and other special missions.
The new EC120’s boast a new paint scheme that depicts an eagle swooping down on its prey, and the new patrol helicopters will go by the call sign “EAGLE.” When the helicopters were recently placed into service, city officials were on hand to commemorate the new helicopters, and they were also blessed by the San Antonio Police Department chaplain.
“Our new EC120’s are already serving the citizens of San Antonio well, and the features of this helicopter are decreasing pilot fatigue and increasing our effectiveness,” said Sgt. David Torres of the San Antonio Police Department Blue Eagle Helicopter Unit. “We have been operating our AS350B3 since 2007, and we are looking forward to continuing our strong relationship with Airbus Helicopters Inc.”
“AHI worked hard to win this competitive bid for the replacement of the San Antonio patrol fleet,” said Ed Van Winkle, Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement. “The EC120 offers the most modern design and advanced technology of any aircraft in its class, and the two new EAGLEhelicopters will perform wellin the demanding conditions of South Texas.”
The EC120 offers a high-technology, low-cost solution and is the best-selling, light single-engine turbine helicopter in the law enforcement market for the past 10 years. It can be custom equipped to specific law enforcement agency requirements.For municipal law enforcement agencies, the Fenestron® anti-torque system provides quiet operation, which increases the ability for helicopters to arrive at in-progress calls virtually undetected. With technology that has continued to develop since introduced, the Fenestron® also provides more tail rotor authority and lower maintenance requirements than conventional tail rotors.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 22-Nov-18 N124ML Airbus H120 La Romana, Dominican Republic (5F)
- Albuquerque Police look to replace EC120
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- 21-Mar-18 VH-WII Airbus EC120 Hardy Reef, Australia (2F)
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- San Jose City Council approves Airbus H125 to replace H120
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Baltimore Mayor proposes cutting one of four Police EC120s
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Swedish Government resumes state-funded pilot training
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- JSSI Enrolls HeliAir Sweden Fleet
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B
- New Thermal Imaging Camera funded by Winnipeg Police
- Helisota adds Airbus Helicopters to its EASA Part 145 capabilities
- Genesys Aerosystems aims for FAA STC for EC120 HeliSAS and Two-Axis Autopilot