Bristow announced on 17th July that it has been certified to fly the much anticipated new generation AgustaWestland AW189 helicopter.
Bristow is the launch customer for the aircraft which has now been fully certified by the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
The company is due to commence flights with its first two new AW189 aircraft from its base at Norwich shortly, servicing the Southern North Sea. Bristow has a further four of the aircraft on order for oil and gas operations.
Equipped with the latest safety technology, the twin-engine, eight-ton AW189 has a capacity of 16 passengers and two crew and a range of 140 nautical miles, making it ideal for offshore operations in the North Sea.
Mike Imlach, Vice President of Operations and Managing Director of Bristow Helicopters Ltd, said: “We’re excited to be the launch customer for what is a superb aircraft and an important addition to our fleet. Bristow has worked closely with AgustaWestland throughout the aircraft’s development and the result is an aircraft of the highest technical specification with state of the art safety technology which will enable us to offer our clients the best possible capabilities. We look forward to commencing operations with the aircraft in the coming weeks.”
- Leonardo AW169 AW189 – EASA AD 2020-0196 – Tail Rotor Servo Actuator
- HM Coastguard flies first UK unmanned SAR missions
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SkyTrac to Equip AW139 and AW189 fleets
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia