Seasoned aviation professional David A. Ford has been named President of Precision Aviation Services (PAS) of Peachtree City, GA, a Precision Aviation Group (PAG) company as of June 12, 2014.
Ford, who has held leadership roles at companies specializing in rotorcraft and gas turbines, replaces Adrienne Robinson, who has been serving as PAS President in addition to her role in business development at PAG. Ford will be responsible for managing PAS’ role as a leading provider of products and value-added services to the worldwide aerospace and defense industry. PAS has been one of the premier avionics and maintenance facility in the Southeastern United States for more than 20 years.
“David is a strategic visionary with deep market knowledge and a history of successful execution through building and motivating a high-performance management team,” says David B. Mast, President/CEO of PAG. “With his strengths in customer engagement and complex project management, we know he will continue to build on our reputation of excellent service for a wide range of helicopters and aircraft.”
Ford comes to PAS from Chromalloy Gas Turbines, where he was General Manager of one of the company’s largest divisions, Chromalloy Component Services, which specialized in complex engineering repairs of large gas turbines. Prior to that, he was Vice President and Division General Manager of Erickson Air-Crane, the world’s leading provider of rotorcraft and services used in aerial firefighting, logging and construction.
Ford spent 10 years with Keystone Helicopter Corporation, four of them as President. He remained President after Keystone’s acquisition by Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation for another 12 months before being promoted to General Manager of Sikorsky Global Helicopters.
A past member of the board of directors for the Helicopter Association International, Ford chaired the HAI Manufacturer’s Committee and served as the HAI board’s Technical Liaison for Manufacturers. He was also a member of the board of directors of the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center in Pennsylvania.
Ford, who served in the U.S. Air Force, earned a bachelor of science in aerospace engineering from Georgia Tech and a master’s of science in industrial administration from Purdue University.
PAS, a PAG company since 2011, provides Airframe maintenance, Avionics upgrades/installations, retrofits and repairs, from two hangars totaling 35,000-square-feet at Atlanta Regional Airport in Peachtree City, GA. Its staff includes experienced, factory-trained technicians who offer clients 24/7 mobile service.
About Precision Aviation Group (PAG)
PAS is a Precision Aviation Group Company. Precision Aviation Group (PAG) is a leading provider of products and value-added services to the worldwide aerospace and defense industry. With eight locations and more than 185,000-square-feet of sales and service facilities in the United States, Canada and Australia, PAG uses its distinct business units and customer-focused business model to serve aviation customers through two business functions – Aviation Supply Chain – and its trademarked Inventory Supported Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (ISMRO®).
PAG provides MRO and Supply Chain Solutions for Fixed and Rotary-wing aircraft through: Precision Heliparts – PHP (www.heliparts.com); Precision Aviation Services – PAS (www.pas-pag.com); Precision Accessories & Instruments – PAI (www.precisionaccessories.com); Precision Heliparts Canada – PHP-C (www.heliparts.ca); Precision Accessories & Instruments Canada – PAI-C (www.pai-canada.com); PHP-Instruments & Accessories – PHP-IA (www.heliparts.com); Precision Aero Technology –PAT (www.precisionaerotechnology.com) and Precision Aviation Group Australia PTY LTD – PHP-AU. PAG subsidiaries have MRO capabilities on over 21,000 products, including accessories, avionics, hydraulics, instruments, NDT, starter/generators, and wheels/brakes (www.precisionaviationgroup.com).
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA