Priority One Air Rescue and Air Methods Corporation – the global leader in air medical transportation,successfully demonstrated the potential of the Jupiter Avionics Corporation (JAC) wiJAC Wireless Intercom system near El Paso, Texas.
One member of the group was fitted with the hands-free JA68 while the other half of the system, JA69, was installed in a rear cabin of the helicopter. In addition, a second wiJAC system was installed to establish a link between the helicopter and the ground. Hands-free, full duplex communication between the rescue operative and the helicopter, and between the helicopter and the ground, was quickly and easily established.
Audio quality and intelligibility was considered by all concerned to be better than average, especially in the high noise environment of a helicopter with the doors removed, and hanging on a line in the helicopter rotor-wash. The air to ground communication link was maintained for distances in excess of 350 feet.
“We believe that this system offers air rescue operations, law enforcement and special missions operations a great wireless communications solution,” said Jupiter Avionics Corporation Sales and Marketing Director Bryan Hart. “Having a reputable organization like Air Methods field test our product successfully gives us added confidence that this product is ideal for EMS operators.”
The full array of wiJAC systems from JAC is distributed by Dallas Avionics.“The wiJAC system is a perfect compliment to the diverse product array we offer our customers,” said Dallas Avionics Southwest Sales Manager Nick Cain. “The team at JAC that have developed these products have a proven reputation in the industry. They are known for developing great airborne audio equipment.”
About Jupiter Avionics Corporation:
Jupiter Avionics Corporation (JAC) is a Canadian company bringing together a team of internationally respected avionics professionals, each with more than 25 years of experience in the design, development and manufacture of airborne audio communication equipment.For further information on these products, please contact either JAC at 778-478-2232 or Dallas Avionics at 800-527-2581.
About Dallas Avionics:
Dallas Avionics, Inc., was founded in 1973 as a Wholesale Distributor of Aircraft Electronics, Installation Supplies, and Avionics. Through years of change in the aviation industry, the ONE constant is our commitment to the highest standards of Business Ethics, Integrity, and Customer Service.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit