Priority One Air Rescue and Air Methods Corporation – the global leader in air medical transportation,successfully demonstrated the potential of the Jupiter Avionics Corporation (JAC) wiJAC Wireless Intercom system near El Paso, Texas.
One member of the group was fitted with the hands-free JA68 while the other half of the system, JA69, was installed in a rear cabin of the helicopter. In addition, a second wiJAC system was installed to establish a link between the helicopter and the ground. Hands-free, full duplex communication between the rescue operative and the helicopter, and between the helicopter and the ground, was quickly and easily established.
Audio quality and intelligibility was considered by all concerned to be better than average, especially in the high noise environment of a helicopter with the doors removed, and hanging on a line in the helicopter rotor-wash. The air to ground communication link was maintained for distances in excess of 350 feet.
“We believe that this system offers air rescue operations, law enforcement and special missions operations a great wireless communications solution,” said Jupiter Avionics Corporation Sales and Marketing Director Bryan Hart. “Having a reputable organization like Air Methods field test our product successfully gives us added confidence that this product is ideal for EMS operators.”
The full array of wiJAC systems from JAC is distributed by Dallas Avionics.“The wiJAC system is a perfect compliment to the diverse product array we offer our customers,” said Dallas Avionics Southwest Sales Manager Nick Cain. “The team at JAC that have developed these products have a proven reputation in the industry. They are known for developing great airborne audio equipment.”
About Jupiter Avionics Corporation:
Jupiter Avionics Corporation (JAC) is a Canadian company bringing together a team of internationally respected avionics professionals, each with more than 25 years of experience in the design, development and manufacture of airborne audio communication equipment.For further information on these products, please contact either JAC at 778-478-2232 or Dallas Avionics at 800-527-2581.
About Dallas Avionics:
Dallas Avionics, Inc., was founded in 1973 as a Wholesale Distributor of Aircraft Electronics, Installation Supplies, and Avionics. Through years of change in the aviation industry, the ONE constant is our commitment to the highest standards of Business Ethics, Integrity, and Customer Service.
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances
- Sikorsky Receives Contract To Build 12 CH-53K
- Helicopter Training Squadron 18 Receives Award
- B505 Continues Global Expansion
- ADS-B Rebates Have All Been Reserved
- NeoXCraft designers VRCO sign agreement with ConnectJets
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln