Lakeshore Helicopters’ newest AS350 B3e will be joiningthe company’sexisting Airbus Helicopters fleet of 3 AS350 B3/B3e’s. This aircraft, which will be based in Fort McMurray, Alberta,will support numerous missions including Onshore Oil &Gas, Research & Development, Hydro, Mining, Construction, Forestry and Charters.
“The AS350B3e is able to provide a flexible and reliable solution for the wide range of customers we support across the board,” said Mr. Michael Cardinal, President, Lakeshore Helicopters. “We have come to rely on the multi-mission platform of the AS350, which made this the logical choice for our operations.”
Lakeshore Helicopters is an Aboriginal-owned and operated company that offers commercial helicopter services in northern Alberta. They are a long-standing member of the Northern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association, committed to employing Aboriginal personnel from the Wood Buffalo region.
“Lakeshore Helicopters’ commitment to Airbus Helicopters Canada and the AS350 is another testimony tothe Ecureuil’s success as the reference in single engine helicopters in Canada,” said Mr. Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “We are pleased with Lakeshore Helicopters’ trust in Airbus Helicopters and we look forward to continuing to support their operations.”
The newest AS350B3e is equipped with a wide variety of utility-based optional equipment. The high-performance member of the Ecureuil family, the AS350 B3e, outclasses all other single engine helicopters for performance, versatility, safety and competitive acquisition, as well as maintenance costs. It excels in hot conditions and high altitudes, making it the ultimate utility aircraft.
About Lakeshore Helicopters
Lakeshore Helicopters is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Owner and President Michael Cardinal, also owns Lakeshore Contracting Inc. (est. 1986), which deals with a large number of Oil & Gas companies as clients. Lakeshore Helicopters is committed to the highest level of Health and Safety on all job sites. Their equipment has been outfitted with global positioning tracking systems and satellite phones.
About Airbus Helicopters Canada
Airbus Helicopters Canada, formerly Eurocopter Canada, is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters and a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 670 helicopters in the country. The company is celebrating 30 years of success in Canada this year.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No.1 helicopter manufacturer and employsmore than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil & military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22