Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), showcased the versatility and superior performance of the Bell 429 WLG, the aircraft’s wheeled landing gear variant, with nearly 60 demonstration flights between March 2014 to July 2014 in Latin America.
“We received great feedback from our customers about the retractable landing gear for ground taxi operations,” said Jay Ortiz, managing director for Latin America. “Since we introduced the aircraft in late 2013, we have been telling everyone about how well it was suited for this region, but finally had the chance to show firsthand how the proven performance of the Bell 429 easily integrates into a fixed base operations environment.”
Bell Helicopter pilots began demonstration flights at the International Air and Space Fair, FIDAE 2014, and traveled to a number of countries, including Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and the Bahamas over the course of the five month tour. The flights highlighted the Bell 429 WLG’s ability to provide additional flexibility for any mission profile.
The Bell 429 is the only light twin-engine helicopter on the market with true two-litter capability with enough cabin space for two medical attendants and two crew members. The Bell 429 also offers exceptional flight performance with a fully integrated glass cockpit, advanced drive system and fully-coupled GPS approaches and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operators. Bell 429 customers can take advantage of the spacious cabin and extra large 60 inch side doors, as well as Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) capability certified for single or dual pilot operations to better fulfill their mission.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose control tower to move off airfield
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms