AAR (NYSE: AIR) announces it has been selected by the U.S. Army to upgrade and overhaul Auxiliary Power Units (APUs) for its UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. The work will be performed at AAR’s Aircraft Component Services facility in Garden City on Long Island.
The five-year contract, valued in excess of $23 million, will initially cover work on 60 APUs from the U.S. Army’s Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Ala., with a maximum of 520 APUs over the life of the contract.
“This award recognizes and builds on a core competency at AAR,” said Robert Sopp, AAR Executive Vice President. “We are honored to provide this important service to our nation’s military, and we look forward to providing these services for APUs on other military platforms in the near future.”
AAR also upgrades and overhauls the Jet Fuel Starter used on F-16 fighter aircraft. APUs, comparable to Jet Fuel Starters, are used on commercial and military aircraft to both power the aircraft on the ground and to start the main engines.
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- 27-Aug-20 ??-????? Sikorsky MH-60M San Clemente Island, US-California (2F)
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Helinet enters firefighting market with UH-60 contract win
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order