AgustaWestland has delivered to Maryland State Police the 10th AW139 to be used for the state’s emergency medical, search and rescue, law enforcement and homeland security missions.
All 10 of the aircraft ordered have been fully built and delivered from the company’s Philadelphia assembly line, with continued technical support provided by the Philadelphia-based Customer Support and Training team to ensure seamless entry of aircraft into service.
With an upgraded avionics suite and a best-in-class cabin that allows for a fully customized medevac interior, the Maryland State Police AW139s increase the organization’s capabilities and can withstand consistently demanding EMS and search and rescue operations.
Maryland State Police Aviation Command has already begun to benefit from the expanded capability afforded by the AW139 platform to more fully meet their wide range of mission requirements.
The AW139 is a state of the art helicopter successfully performing multi-mission roles throughout North America for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles Fire Department, New Jersey State Police and other major air medical and search and rescue operators in North America.
Orders for nearly 790 AW139s have been placed by more than 210 customers in over 60 nations to date. Nearly 700 units are already in service carrying out a wide variety of missions such as VIP/corporate and passenger transport, offshore transport, SAR/EMS, law enforcement, firefighting, government roles. The global fleet has recently set an outstanding milestone achieving 1 million flight hours in service worldwide.
AgustaWestland Philadelphia operates out of a 275,000 square foot facility, on a 39-acre site at Northeast Philadelphia Airport in Pennsylvania, providing employment for over 560 people. The facility also includes final assembly lines for the AW119Kx and AW139 helicopters, a parts supply depot for the Americas and a fully approved FAA and JAA repair station. AgustaWestland Philadelphia also performs helicopter customization, has a delivery center for AW109 Power and GrandNew aircraft, and provides maintenance services for customer aircraft based in the local area.
- AW139 Wet Floor Achieves CAANZ STC
- Summit Aviation Now Serving Leonardo AW139 Owners and Operators
- Leonardo celebrates AW139 20th anniversary
- Babcock wins extension to North Sea SAR contract
- Babcock reaches 20 000 hour milestone with Ambulance Victoria
- AW139 will be Colombia’s new Presidential helicopter
- Wiking takes delivery of latest AW139
- TAI marks composite landmarks, including AW139 production
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor