Metro Aviation delivered a recently completed AS365 N3+ to Miami Valley CareFlight Air and Mobile Services in Dayton, Ohio. Originally introduced in the 1970s, the latest version of this platform boasts upgraded engines and avionics and is the first AS365 N3+ to be completed by Metro.
“CareFlight at Miami Valley Hospital chose Metro because it was obvious from the start that they have an innovative approach to ensuring the aircraft is completed to best work for our program and, most importantly, for our patients,” said Vice President of Premier Health Candy Skidmore.
Metro Aviation recently received an STC for the AS365 N3+ medical interior utilizing the same technology as recent EC155 B1 models completed by Metro. The STC includes a primary patient carbon fiber stretcher on track and swivel and secondary patient provisions, flat machined medical floor, LOX and built-in suction outlets, and forward and aft communication panels among other features.
Metro Aviation Managing Director Milton Geltz said, “The greatest challenge was to provide the crew dual patient capability and three attendant seats. The seating was accomplished utilizing one Fisher crash attenuating seat, an Oregon Aero Swimmer seat and a seat manufactured by Metro specifically for the AS365 N3+.”
“I found Metro to be solution-oriented, allowing us to get the completion we needed to provide the very best care to the communities we serve. They offered suggestions based on their extensive experience and partnered with us to create solutions,” said Skidmore.
“We enjoyed working with the crew at Miami Valley and hope we see additional interest in this airframe,” said Geltz.
CareFlight Air and Mobile Services serves more than 150 hospitals in over 17 counties. CareFlight’s Dauphin helicopters are equipped as mobile intensive care units and are available 24 hours a day. CareFlight operates four AS365’s and has completed more than 51,000 flights since its beginning in 1983.
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India
- Bond continues Blackpool operations on smaller fleet