Babcock announces that INAER Spain (INAER), part of Avincis, has been awarded a further four-year £5 million contract to provide helicopter transport for search and rescue operations and other civil defence missions by the local government of Cantabria, Spain.
INAER will operate a 24 hour service from Santander Airport using Bell 412 helicopter. The helicopters missions include sea and land search and rescue, the transport of injured or sick patients, firefighting support, surveillance and reconnaissance.
INAER has provided aerial emergency and civil defence services to the Cantabria Government since 1989. To date, the partnership has completed over 2,500 missions.
INAER has pioneered the use of air ambulances since 1986, when it launched Spain’s first medical helicopter. In 2013, the 27 medical helicopters operated by INAER completed almost 9,000 emergency medical missions throughout Spain and attended 7,486 patients. They also completed over 8,000 search and rescue flight hours, rescuing over 3,700 people.
About INAER (www.inaer.com)
INAER is Spain’s leading provider of aerial emergency services and aircraft maintenance, specialising in mission critical services such as medical emergencies, civil defence, firefighting, training and aircraft maintenance.
INAER is part of Avincis, a Babcock International Group plc company, one of the world’s leading providers of aerial mission critical services. Avincis’ operating companies operate a fleet of approximately 350 aircraft in Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia, Ireland and the UK
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- Boost introduces Bell 212/412 Dual Hook Human External Cargo System
- Astronics Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System Receives Amended STC for Bell
- Babcock extends South Australia contract
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Leonardo AB412 – EASA AD 2020-0192 – Electrical Power – Cable Assembly
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AAT delivers first Bell 412 EMS interior to Montenegro military
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Astronautics to provide integrated flight display system for Bell 412EPX
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals