Babcock announces that INAER Spain (INAER), part of Avincis, has been awarded a further four-year £5 million contract to provide helicopter transport for search and rescue operations and other civil defence missions by the local government of Cantabria, Spain.
INAER will operate a 24 hour service from Santander Airport using Bell 412 helicopter. The helicopters missions include sea and land search and rescue, the transport of injured or sick patients, firefighting support, surveillance and reconnaissance.
INAER has provided aerial emergency and civil defence services to the Cantabria Government since 1989. To date, the partnership has completed over 2,500 missions.
INAER has pioneered the use of air ambulances since 1986, when it launched Spain’s first medical helicopter. In 2013, the 27 medical helicopters operated by INAER completed almost 9,000 emergency medical missions throughout Spain and attended 7,486 patients. They also completed over 8,000 search and rescue flight hours, rescuing over 3,700 people.
About INAER (www.inaer.com)
INAER is Spain’s leading provider of aerial emergency services and aircraft maintenance, specialising in mission critical services such as medical emergencies, civil defence, firefighting, training and aircraft maintenance.
INAER is part of Avincis, a Babcock International Group plc company, one of the world’s leading providers of aerial mission critical services. Avincis’ operating companies operate a fleet of approximately 350 aircraft in Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia, Ireland and the UK
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Bell commercial deliveries 35% down in 2016