More or less unnoticed yesterday the first Robinson R66 to be officially registered in Switzerland landed first at the airport St. Gallen-Altenrhein (LSZR) and afterwards in Schindellegi (LSXS), its new home base. FUCHS HELIKOPTER and ROTORTEC AG will in the next days do pioneer work to prepare the approval in Switzerland. From then on the helicopter will have the call-sign HB-ZSF.
Before this milestone of swiss aviation history could take place there have been long lasting discussions and debates between EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) as approving authority and Robinson Helicopter based in Torrance, California, the manufacturer of the R66. The R66 finally got its approval end of April 2014. Until then a lot of specialists in the helicopter industry had given up hope that this day would ever come. All new obligations strengthened the impression that there were more industry politics than product related reasons to delay or to prevent the certification in Europe. Especially because the R66 at that time already flew in many non-US countries around the world… (read these HeliHub.com stories about it all)
Well, this is history now.
We, ROTORTEC AG, are happy to announce that the swiss helicopter operator FUCHS HELIKOPTER decided to buy and operate an R66. We are also proud that FUCHS entrusted us with the work that needs to be done to get the swiss approval and also with the regular maintenance tasks to be done on the R66.
We are the leading maintenance company in Central Europe and mainly Switzerland for Robinson Helicopters and we currently have more than 50 Robinson Helicopters under maintenance contract.
Now our entire team has to work on several topics, e.g. the development of maintenance plans, checking of airworthiness directives and service bulletins, installation of the call-sign and fire-proof badge.
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook