The Harris County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) in Texas has integrated the UTC Aerospace Systems Cloud Cap Technology TASE400HD airborne imaging system into their OH-58 helicopter. HCSO is the largest sheriff’s office in Texas and the third largest in the United States. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
This installation of a Cloud Cap Technology TASE400HD payload on the OH-58 helicopter operated by the HCSO will enable officers to better identify threats in busy areas by combining high definition day and night (thermal) imagery with automatic tracking of moving targets, for greater situational awareness. The system also includes the ViewPoint user interface software tool, which provides instant replay capability and integrated video and map data, to help the HSCO quickly make informed tactical decisions, based on the best possible information. This camera system is an important tool for the Sheriff’s office air-support unit in their commitment to the safety of the over 4 million residents of Harris County.
John Trezza, Vice President Force Protection stated, “Cloud Cap Technology provides a high-performing and best-value solution for the OH-58 helicopter, and is well positioned to support OH-58 customers. We’re excited that the residents of Harris County will benefit from the extra safety and security that this system provides.”
Cloud Cap Technology, a UTC Aerospace Systems company based in Hood River, Oregon, designs, produces and supports the low-SWAP (Size, Weight and Power) TASE family of imaging payloads and the industry-leading Piccolo autopilot flight management system for military and civil applications.
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries.
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for 4 UH-60M
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors