Basta Holdings Corp. (BSTA), an aviation services and logistics management company, today announced that on August 15, 2014, it signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Heliflight PERU SAC to form a joint venture (JV) that will provide ACMI leasing of helicopters throughout Peru. The parties have ninety (90) days to formalize their understanding into a definitive written agreement and one hundred twenty (120) to close the transaction.
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company based in Lima that provides Air Transport Service in Special Air Transport and aerial work geared toward the oil, mining and hydropower sector throughout Peru. Once the joint venture is finalized, the established entity will be able to bid on Peruvian Government contracts via Heliflight PERU’s Air Operator’s Certificate.
The Company’s new joint venture will provide ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) leasing of MI-17, MI-8-MTV1 and MI-117E helicopters in Peru to provide logistical support, internal and external air cargo for projects that require the transport of highly valuable cargo and passengers. These projects will include, but are not limited to oil, gas, and mining exploration, construction and emergency air rescue and evacuation operations. Basta Holdings projects that if this new joint venture comes to fruition, it will generate substantial revenues for the company.
“Establishing a joint venture with Heliflight PERU is a very positive development for Basta Holdings as it will enable us to bid on government aviation contracts in Peru, which has a growing market for helicopter leasing due to its large number of mining, oil and gas exploration efforts throughout the nation. We fully expect this venture to generate sizeable revenues as these helicopters provide a swift, safe and efficient solution for our clients as traditional methods are not suitable for certain types of transportation circumstances,” commented Basta Holdings’ President, Jacob Gitman.
“Basta’s high-quality staff extensive has experience in carrying out operations to support mining as well as petroleum activities in some of the most remote regions of the world. Our experts will provide efficient technical support geared towards safety and building lasting relationships with clients to help ensure the success of this joint venture and we believe will lead to the securing of additional clients in the future,” continued Mr. Gitman.
About Heliflight PERU SAC
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company aimed at providing air service Air Transport Special and Air Working with Operators Certificate Air Services No. 081 in Peru. The company specializes in making Air Transport flights Special (VIP Flights, Air Travel, Medical Evacuations, Charter Flights, Transportation of personnel, etc.) within the category Aerial Work (External Load, Magnetometry, Seismic, Search and Rescue, Mining and Petroleum Prospecting, etc.) under the standards of the System Safety Management (SMS). For more information, visit www.heliflightperu.pe.
About Basta Holdings Corp.
Basta Holdings Corp. provides contract procurement, business development and management services in the aviation and logistics industries. The company specializes in management of long-term ACMI leases of fixed wing and rotary passenger and cargo aircrafts and private business aviation, which includes charter, maintenance, overhaul and FBO development and management as well as various auxiliary services.
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F