Basta Holdings Corp. (BSTA), an aviation services and logistics management company, today announced that on August 15, 2014, it signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Heliflight PERU SAC to form a joint venture (JV) that will provide ACMI leasing of helicopters throughout Peru. The parties have ninety (90) days to formalize their understanding into a definitive written agreement and one hundred twenty (120) to close the transaction.
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company based in Lima that provides Air Transport Service in Special Air Transport and aerial work geared toward the oil, mining and hydropower sector throughout Peru. Once the joint venture is finalized, the established entity will be able to bid on Peruvian Government contracts via Heliflight PERU’s Air Operator’s Certificate.
The Company’s new joint venture will provide ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) leasing of MI-17, MI-8-MTV1 and MI-117E helicopters in Peru to provide logistical support, internal and external air cargo for projects that require the transport of highly valuable cargo and passengers. These projects will include, but are not limited to oil, gas, and mining exploration, construction and emergency air rescue and evacuation operations. Basta Holdings projects that if this new joint venture comes to fruition, it will generate substantial revenues for the company.
“Establishing a joint venture with Heliflight PERU is a very positive development for Basta Holdings as it will enable us to bid on government aviation contracts in Peru, which has a growing market for helicopter leasing due to its large number of mining, oil and gas exploration efforts throughout the nation. We fully expect this venture to generate sizeable revenues as these helicopters provide a swift, safe and efficient solution for our clients as traditional methods are not suitable for certain types of transportation circumstances,” commented Basta Holdings’ President, Jacob Gitman.
“Basta’s high-quality staff extensive has experience in carrying out operations to support mining as well as petroleum activities in some of the most remote regions of the world. Our experts will provide efficient technical support geared towards safety and building lasting relationships with clients to help ensure the success of this joint venture and we believe will lead to the securing of additional clients in the future,” continued Mr. Gitman.
About Heliflight PERU SAC
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company aimed at providing air service Air Transport Special and Air Working with Operators Certificate Air Services No. 081 in Peru. The company specializes in making Air Transport flights Special (VIP Flights, Air Travel, Medical Evacuations, Charter Flights, Transportation of personnel, etc.) within the category Aerial Work (External Load, Magnetometry, Seismic, Search and Rescue, Mining and Petroleum Prospecting, etc.) under the standards of the System Safety Management (SMS). For more information, visit www.heliflightperu.pe.
About Basta Holdings Corp.
Basta Holdings Corp. provides contract procurement, business development and management services in the aviation and logistics industries. The company specializes in management of long-term ACMI leases of fixed wing and rotary passenger and cargo aircrafts and private business aviation, which includes charter, maintenance, overhaul and FBO development and management as well as various auxiliary services.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020