Basta Holdings Corp. (BSTA), an aviation services and logistics management company, today announced that on August 15, 2014, it signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Heliflight PERU SAC to form a joint venture (JV) that will provide ACMI leasing of helicopters throughout Peru. The parties have ninety (90) days to formalize their understanding into a definitive written agreement and one hundred twenty (120) to close the transaction.
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company based in Lima that provides Air Transport Service in Special Air Transport and aerial work geared toward the oil, mining and hydropower sector throughout Peru. Once the joint venture is finalized, the established entity will be able to bid on Peruvian Government contracts via Heliflight PERU’s Air Operator’s Certificate.
The Company’s new joint venture will provide ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) leasing of MI-17, MI-8-MTV1 and MI-117E helicopters in Peru to provide logistical support, internal and external air cargo for projects that require the transport of highly valuable cargo and passengers. These projects will include, but are not limited to oil, gas, and mining exploration, construction and emergency air rescue and evacuation operations. Basta Holdings projects that if this new joint venture comes to fruition, it will generate substantial revenues for the company.
“Establishing a joint venture with Heliflight PERU is a very positive development for Basta Holdings as it will enable us to bid on government aviation contracts in Peru, which has a growing market for helicopter leasing due to its large number of mining, oil and gas exploration efforts throughout the nation. We fully expect this venture to generate sizeable revenues as these helicopters provide a swift, safe and efficient solution for our clients as traditional methods are not suitable for certain types of transportation circumstances,” commented Basta Holdings’ President, Jacob Gitman.
“Basta’s high-quality staff extensive has experience in carrying out operations to support mining as well as petroleum activities in some of the most remote regions of the world. Our experts will provide efficient technical support geared towards safety and building lasting relationships with clients to help ensure the success of this joint venture and we believe will lead to the securing of additional clients in the future,” continued Mr. Gitman.
About Heliflight PERU SAC
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company aimed at providing air service Air Transport Special and Air Working with Operators Certificate Air Services No. 081 in Peru. The company specializes in making Air Transport flights Special (VIP Flights, Air Travel, Medical Evacuations, Charter Flights, Transportation of personnel, etc.) within the category Aerial Work (External Load, Magnetometry, Seismic, Search and Rescue, Mining and Petroleum Prospecting, etc.) under the standards of the System Safety Management (SMS). For more information, visit www.heliflightperu.pe.
About Basta Holdings Corp.
Basta Holdings Corp. provides contract procurement, business development and management services in the aviation and logistics industries. The company specializes in management of long-term ACMI leases of fixed wing and rotary passenger and cargo aircrafts and private business aviation, which includes charter, maintenance, overhaul and FBO development and management as well as various auxiliary services.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135