Basta Holdings Corp. (BSTA), an aviation services and logistics management company, today announced that on August 15, 2014, it signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Heliflight PERU SAC to form a joint venture (JV) that will provide ACMI leasing of helicopters throughout Peru. The parties have ninety (90) days to formalize their understanding into a definitive written agreement and one hundred twenty (120) to close the transaction.
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company based in Lima that provides Air Transport Service in Special Air Transport and aerial work geared toward the oil, mining and hydropower sector throughout Peru. Once the joint venture is finalized, the established entity will be able to bid on Peruvian Government contracts via Heliflight PERU’s Air Operator’s Certificate.
The Company’s new joint venture will provide ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) leasing of MI-17, MI-8-MTV1 and MI-117E helicopters in Peru to provide logistical support, internal and external air cargo for projects that require the transport of highly valuable cargo and passengers. These projects will include, but are not limited to oil, gas, and mining exploration, construction and emergency air rescue and evacuation operations. Basta Holdings projects that if this new joint venture comes to fruition, it will generate substantial revenues for the company.
“Establishing a joint venture with Heliflight PERU is a very positive development for Basta Holdings as it will enable us to bid on government aviation contracts in Peru, which has a growing market for helicopter leasing due to its large number of mining, oil and gas exploration efforts throughout the nation. We fully expect this venture to generate sizeable revenues as these helicopters provide a swift, safe and efficient solution for our clients as traditional methods are not suitable for certain types of transportation circumstances,” commented Basta Holdings’ President, Jacob Gitman.
“Basta’s high-quality staff extensive has experience in carrying out operations to support mining as well as petroleum activities in some of the most remote regions of the world. Our experts will provide efficient technical support geared towards safety and building lasting relationships with clients to help ensure the success of this joint venture and we believe will lead to the securing of additional clients in the future,” continued Mr. Gitman.
About Heliflight PERU SAC
Heliflight PERU SAC is an aviation company aimed at providing air service Air Transport Special and Air Working with Operators Certificate Air Services No. 081 in Peru. The company specializes in making Air Transport flights Special (VIP Flights, Air Travel, Medical Evacuations, Charter Flights, Transportation of personnel, etc.) within the category Aerial Work (External Load, Magnetometry, Seismic, Search and Rescue, Mining and Petroleum Prospecting, etc.) under the standards of the System Safety Management (SMS). For more information, visit www.heliflightperu.pe.
About Basta Holdings Corp.
Basta Holdings Corp. provides contract procurement, business development and management services in the aviation and logistics industries. The company specializes in management of long-term ACMI leases of fixed wing and rotary passenger and cargo aircrafts and private business aviation, which includes charter, maintenance, overhaul and FBO development and management as well as various auxiliary services.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit