HFI has long recognized the need for qualified commercial helicopter pilots and helicopter maintenance technicians — the current shortage is very real and many of our experienced pilots and maintenance technicians are nearing retirement age. HFI annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s vertical aviation industry.
Commercial Helicopter Rating Scholarships — Applicants for the Commercial Helicopter Rating Scholarship must already have obtained their Private license and be enrolled in a Commercial Helicopter Rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent. Up to four scholarships may be awarded. Applicants who expect to receive their Commercial Helicopter Rating prior to January 1, 2015, are not eligible to apply for or to receive this scholarship award.
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarships — Applicants for the Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship must already be enrolled in a Maintenance Technician Certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent. Up to six scholarships may be awarded. Applicants who expect to receive their Maintenance Technician Certificate prior to January 1, 2015, are not eligible to apply for or to receive this scholarship award.
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarships — Scholarship winners attend a course from a selection offered by airframe and power plant manufacturers with a value not to exceed $1,600. Up to eight scholarships may be awarded.
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety — Established in memory of Michelle North; a well-known helicopter safety expert and educator. This scholarship is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. One scholarship may be awarded.
Applicants for these awards are selected by one of HFI’s qualified scholarship review committees. Monies are paid out to the selected applicants upon successful completion of their respective programs.
Applicants will find the requirements and necessary downloadable application forms for these scholarships at HFI’s website, www.helicopterfoundation.org. The deadline to apply for these scholarships is 11:59 PM on November 30th, 2014. Applications and necessary documentation may be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to: HFI Scholarships, 1920 Ballenger Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314-2898. An electronic form of the application is preferred. Only applications that meet the minimum qualifications listed on the website will be considered.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf