HFI has long recognized the need for qualified commercial helicopter pilots and helicopter maintenance technicians — the current shortage is very real and many of our experienced pilots and maintenance technicians are nearing retirement age. HFI annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s vertical aviation industry.
Commercial Helicopter Rating Scholarships — Applicants for the Commercial Helicopter Rating Scholarship must already have obtained their Private license and be enrolled in a Commercial Helicopter Rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent. Up to four scholarships may be awarded. Applicants who expect to receive their Commercial Helicopter Rating prior to January 1, 2015, are not eligible to apply for or to receive this scholarship award.
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarships — Applicants for the Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship must already be enrolled in a Maintenance Technician Certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent. Up to six scholarships may be awarded. Applicants who expect to receive their Maintenance Technician Certificate prior to January 1, 2015, are not eligible to apply for or to receive this scholarship award.
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarships — Scholarship winners attend a course from a selection offered by airframe and power plant manufacturers with a value not to exceed $1,600. Up to eight scholarships may be awarded.
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety — Established in memory of Michelle North; a well-known helicopter safety expert and educator. This scholarship is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial rating and demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. One scholarship may be awarded.
Applicants for these awards are selected by one of HFI’s qualified scholarship review committees. Monies are paid out to the selected applicants upon successful completion of their respective programs.
Applicants will find the requirements and necessary downloadable application forms for these scholarships at HFI’s website, www.helicopterfoundation.org. The deadline to apply for these scholarships is 11:59 PM on November 30th, 2014. Applications and necessary documentation may be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to: HFI Scholarships, 1920 Ballenger Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314-2898. An electronic form of the application is preferred. Only applications that meet the minimum qualifications listed on the website will be considered.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit