The acquisition of Cape York Helicopters will broaden the diversity of Nautilus Aviation’s current operation and expand the current fleet of helicopters to 22.
Nautilus Aviation continues to develop in to one of Australia’s leading rotary wing operators, providing exceptional customer service and raising industry standards.
Aaron Finn, chief executive officer of Nautilus Aviation, has welcomed the new deal.
“The acquisition of a respected company like Cape York Helicopters, a proven family business throughout North Queensland for over 20 years is the perfect complement to our existing operation.”
Nautilus Aviation will now have fixed bases in Townsville, Cairns and Horn Island with the ability to service the whole of North Queensland.
The existing Cape York Helicopters fleet will now be supported by Nautilus Aviation’s recently ordered EC130T2, and current fleet consisting of the EC130B4, EC120, Bell 407 Bell 206L and Bell 206 helicopters.
Yvonne Wallace owner of Cape York Helicopters, said she was very proud of what the company had achieved and felt this was an excellent opportunity to move into retirement, while handing over to a company so well positioned for future growth and expansion.
“The new agreement will see Nautilus Aviation continue to offer the same great level of safety and service provided to their existing and current Cape York Helicopters clients.
“They will endeavour to employ existing staff and service providers where possible,” she added.
About Nautilus Aviation
Operating from fixed bases in Townsville, Cairns, and Horn Island, Nautilus Aviation provides industry leading helicopter services in tourism, public service, commercial and emergency response. With a fleet of 12 helicopters, including Bell 407, EC130 and EC120, Nautilus Aviation have some of the most modern helicopters in Australia, an impeccable safety record and a team of highly experienced pilots. Nautilus Aviation is part of the Colonial Leisure Group who own and operate a number of hospitality venues across Australia, including Orpheus Island Lodge, Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa, Daintree Hotel & General Store and the pending acquisition of Jupiters Hotel & Casino in Townsville. For a full list of services, simply visit www.nautilusaviation.com.au.
About Cape York Helicopters
From its head office in Cairns, the company oversees an extensive charter fleet of both piston and turbine helicopters. With bases at Cairns and Horn Island, its fleet of ten aircraft and 16 staff, offers an advanced level of service and experience Australia wide. The company focus has always been aimed at the charter and utility market, providing passenger transfers, sling, low level survey, photography, geological sampling, power line stringing and search and rescue. An international approval also allows fast and easy access into Daru Island, PNG from the Horn Island Base. The company’s infrastructure and knowledge of Cape York and the Torres Strait enables the provision of fast, reliable and economical service to all its clients.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit