Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a contract for the purchase of up to 15 AS350B3e AStar helicopters by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The initial order is for three helicopters, with deliveries beginning in December. The contract is for three years, with two one-yearoptions. Other state and local government agencies in California can purchase new AStar helicopters through the contract.
The CHPhelicopters will include an advanced avionics and mission equipment suitethat enhances crew safety and law enforcement operational capabilities.This suite includes the Garmin G500H electronic flight information system, FLIR Systems 380HDc thermal imager, Spectrolab XP searchlight and the Churchill Augmented Reality System (ARS) moving map system displayed on an Avalex 15-inch HD monitor. Each helicopter will be equipped with a Goodrich 500 pound hoist, a key tool for CHPsince it conducts many search and rescue missions. Completion services for this contract will be performed by Hangar One Avionics of Carlsbad, Calif.
“CHP has been operating Airbus Helicopters products for the past 30 years, starting with an AS350B model in 1984. They have flown more than 130,000 hours withtheir current fleet of 12 AStars,” said Ed Van Winkle, Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “This order to begin replacement of the fleet demonstrates the high level of trust that CHP has in the AStar to perform their wide range of missions.”
Airbus Helicopters’ AS350 series are the most widely purchased helicopters by U.S. law enforcement agencies. More than 220 are in use nationwide with 44 different law enforcement agencies, 75 of them delivered in the last five years. Other state agencies that have recently purchased the AS350B3e include the Mississippi Department of Public Safety, the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety and the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department. Each of these law enforcement operators is a new Airbus Helicopters Inc. customer.
AHI leads the U.S. market in sales of new helicopters to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, with a 56 percent market share over the last decade. The spacious cabin and modern safety features of the AS350series, including energy-attenuating seats and a Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display, make the AStar an industry leader. The cost-effective AS350B3e is the latest model with modern safety features, high cruise speed and range, and the ability to conduct a wide range of missions. It is built and certified by Airbus Helicopters Inc. in Columbus, Miss.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force