Genesys Aerosystems announced today that its HeliSAS Helicopter Stability Augmentation System and Autopilothas received FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for installation in Eurocopter EC130 T2 helicopters.
The latest STC is the result of the company’s active and ongoing expansion of certifications for the HeliSAS system. HeliSAS already is certified for Eurocopter EC130 and AS350 series, for the Bell 206B, 206L and 407 models and for the Robinson R44.
The compact, lightweight HeliSAS system is designed to reduce pilot workload while providing precise control during all modes offlight, regardless of wind conditions or shifts in weight. The attitude stabilization and forcefeel features enhance handling characteristics and mitigate inadvertent cyclic control inputsthat could result in dangerous attitudes. The HeliSAS system’s two-axis autopilot allows forHeading and NAV hold as well as vertical speed (VS) and Altitude hold.
The system is designed to be operatingduring all phases of flight so it can maintain or recover a neutral attitude automatically when the pilot releases the cyclic to tend to other cockpit duties. The pilot resumes full control simply throughnormal cyclic handling.
The single-engine EC130 T2 can accommodate a pilot and up to 7 passengers. In addition to being the quietest helicopter on the market, its wide cabin, increased performance, and multiple new safety and comfort systems make it popular among tour operators and helicopter emergency medical services worldwide.
“HeliSAS is an ideal safety system for the HEMS, air tour and other operators who fly the EC130 T2,” said Jamie Luster, Director of Sales and Marketing. “HeliSAS delivers affordable and immediate benefits to light helicopters that previously were only available forlarge commercial and military aircraft. That’s why we’re continuing to expand the range of certifications for HeliSAS to more light helicopter models.”
The HeliSAS STC platform installation was performed by Wysong Enterprises in Blountville, TN. HeliSAS for the EC130 T2 is priced at $114,000 and is available for ordering immediately from Genesys Aerosystems.
About Genesys Aerosystems
Genesys Aerosystems is a leading provider of integrated avionics systems for military and civil customers. Genesys Aerosystems’ avionics systems can be offered individually or integrated to provide an entire cockpit. Its synthetic vision Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) revolutionized safety in low-level flight operations and is now approved on more than 700 aircraft and helicopter models. Genesys Aerosystems’ Helicopter Stability Augmentation System and Autopilot (HeliSAS) adds to its extensive range of S-TEC autopilot solutions and brings added safety within the reach of a host of operators for whom such systems were previously too expensive and heavy. For more information, visit www.genesys-aerosystems.com.
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)