The National Police Air Service (NPAS) has awarded a five-year contract for airworthiness management, maintenance and parts to Airbus Helicopters UK Limited.
Covering the 19 Airbus helicopters in the NPAS fleet, the contract starts on Wednesday 1 October. The company will provide 17,100 hours of support every year – or 85,500 hours over the five year contract.
The EC 135 (one of the Airbus helicopters in the NPAS fleet) has a cruising speed of approximately 150mph. In the lifetime of the contract a EC 135 could have covered 12.8 million miles – that’s nearly 27 round trips to the moon.
Ollie Dismore, Flight Operations Director for NPAS, said:
“I am please to officially announce this partnership with Airbus Helicopters UK Limited.
“After keen competition for this contract we were delighted at the quality and value for money represented by the Airbus Helicopters bid.
“This fresh partnership will allow us to move forward together in delivering the highest levels of aircraft availability.,
“This single contract replaces the many and varied contracts individual forces had in place before the start of NPAS and means better value for money for the tax payer.
“This agreement maximises economies of scale.”
- ESG enables Internet in helicopters
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU