[electronic translation] The city of Cuenca’s medical helicopters, operated by a crew from INAER Spain (INAER), has completed 197 missions during the first half of the year.
84% of the missions related to health problems (including heart attacks, strokes and respiratory problems), and 16% related to traumas (such as traffic accidents and work injuries).
The capacity of the air ambulance is very similar to that of ground units or mobile ICUs, as they are fully equipped to treat sick and injured patients regardless of age, as well as being able to provide aerial transport.
INAER not only operates the helicopters but also provides trained medical staff, which in this case involves a doctor and a nurse, who are experienced in emergency medicine and have specific training for aerial emergencies.
Castilla La Mancha has four medical helicopters, based in Albacete, Toledo, Cuenca and Almagro, the latter two of which operate night flights. The region is therefore covered for any type of emergency, with an average response time of 20 minutes.
Aside from their healthcare activities, the 112 Emergency Service, at the request of other departments (such as Civil Protection, State Security, and Forestry Commission) has coordinated the Castilla La Mancha health services (Sescam) to expand its services to assist in other emergencies, such as medical assistance during forest fires and search and rescue in hazardous terrain.
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- SAFE provides maintenance stands to New Mexico State Police
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- 06-Aug-20 PK-JBX Airbus H145 Batulicin, Indonesia
- DRF “Christoph 42” in Schleswig-Holstein upgrades from EC145 to H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- 01-Jun-20 LN-OOU Airbus H145 Skibotn, Norway
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145