[electronic translation] The city of Cuenca’s medical helicopters, operated by a crew from INAER Spain (INAER), has completed 197 missions during the first half of the year.
84% of the missions related to health problems (including heart attacks, strokes and respiratory problems), and 16% related to traumas (such as traffic accidents and work injuries).
The capacity of the air ambulance is very similar to that of ground units or mobile ICUs, as they are fully equipped to treat sick and injured patients regardless of age, as well as being able to provide aerial transport.
INAER not only operates the helicopters but also provides trained medical staff, which in this case involves a doctor and a nurse, who are experienced in emergency medicine and have specific training for aerial emergencies.
Castilla La Mancha has four medical helicopters, based in Albacete, Toledo, Cuenca and Almagro, the latter two of which operate night flights. The region is therefore covered for any type of emergency, with an average response time of 20 minutes.
Aside from their healthcare activities, the 112 Emergency Service, at the request of other departments (such as Civil Protection, State Security, and Forestry Commission) has coordinated the Castilla La Mancha health services (Sescam) to expand its services to assist in other emergencies, such as medical assistance during forest fires and search and rescue in hazardous terrain.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment