[electronic translation] The city of Cuenca’s medical helicopters, operated by a crew from INAER Spain (INAER), has completed 197 missions during the first half of the year.
84% of the missions related to health problems (including heart attacks, strokes and respiratory problems), and 16% related to traumas (such as traffic accidents and work injuries).
The capacity of the air ambulance is very similar to that of ground units or mobile ICUs, as they are fully equipped to treat sick and injured patients regardless of age, as well as being able to provide aerial transport.
INAER not only operates the helicopters but also provides trained medical staff, which in this case involves a doctor and a nurse, who are experienced in emergency medicine and have specific training for aerial emergencies.
Castilla La Mancha has four medical helicopters, based in Albacete, Toledo, Cuenca and Almagro, the latter two of which operate night flights. The region is therefore covered for any type of emergency, with an average response time of 20 minutes.
Aside from their healthcare activities, the 112 Emergency Service, at the request of other departments (such as Civil Protection, State Security, and Forestry Commission) has coordinated the Castilla La Mancha health services (Sescam) to expand its services to assist in other emergencies, such as medical assistance during forest fires and search and rescue in hazardous terrain.
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator