Metro Aviation recently completed an Airbus EC135 for Life Air Rescue, the premiere air medical service in Shreveport, Louisiana. Compared to Life Air’s former helicopter, which had a serial number of 0013, the new aircraft is equipped with great technological and medical improvements.
The new, completely refurbished aircraft includes a Helicopter Terrain Awareness Warning System and North Flight Data Systems flight data monitoring with live flight condition data transfers to the Metro and Med-Trans Operational Control Center. The helicopter will also be equipped with Cobham Autopilot once a supplemental type certificate is approved in the first quarter of 2015.
“Life Air Rescue is so excited to work with Metro Aviation on the completion of this EC135,” said Life Air Rescue Program Manager Paige Keen. “We, as a program, will be able to continue serving our community with an updated aircraft and equipment that allows us to provide the best care for each patient we transport and we look forward to our continued partnership with Metro.”
In addition to transporting patients with the latest medical technology on board, Life Air Rescue is the only aircraft in North Louisiana with the ability to transport two patients at once and will soon begin carrying blood on every flight to better care for trauma patients.
“Metro Aviation and Life Air Rescue have a long, rich history. The original roots lie in the 1983 partnership between CBS affiliate Channel 12 and the Schumpert Medical Center. We are excited about the advanced capabilities this new aircraft brings to the program,” said Metro Aviation President Mike Stanberry.
Life Air Rescue has served North Louisiana, East Texas and South Arkansas for more than 30 years. Life Air Rescue transports about 600 patients each year and is the only Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) program in Louisiana.
Life Air Rescue is a joint partnership between Med-Trans Air Medical Transport and Metro Aviation.
- GAMA working with EASA on eVTOL futures
- Era Group appoints SVP, General Counsel and Chief Admin Officer
- Klimov presents new engine at Airshow China 2018
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout