Metro Aviation recently completed an Airbus EC135 for Life Air Rescue, the premiere air medical service in Shreveport, Louisiana. Compared to Life Air’s former helicopter, which had a serial number of 0013, the new aircraft is equipped with great technological and medical improvements.
The new, completely refurbished aircraft includes a Helicopter Terrain Awareness Warning System and North Flight Data Systems flight data monitoring with live flight condition data transfers to the Metro and Med-Trans Operational Control Center. The helicopter will also be equipped with Cobham Autopilot once a supplemental type certificate is approved in the first quarter of 2015.
“Life Air Rescue is so excited to work with Metro Aviation on the completion of this EC135,” said Life Air Rescue Program Manager Paige Keen. “We, as a program, will be able to continue serving our community with an updated aircraft and equipment that allows us to provide the best care for each patient we transport and we look forward to our continued partnership with Metro.”
In addition to transporting patients with the latest medical technology on board, Life Air Rescue is the only aircraft in North Louisiana with the ability to transport two patients at once and will soon begin carrying blood on every flight to better care for trauma patients.
“Metro Aviation and Life Air Rescue have a long, rich history. The original roots lie in the 1983 partnership between CBS affiliate Channel 12 and the Schumpert Medical Center. We are excited about the advanced capabilities this new aircraft brings to the program,” said Metro Aviation President Mike Stanberry.
Life Air Rescue has served North Louisiana, East Texas and South Arkansas for more than 30 years. Life Air Rescue transports about 600 patients each year and is the only Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) program in Louisiana.
Life Air Rescue is a joint partnership between Med-Trans Air Medical Transport and Metro Aviation.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics