Airbus Helicopters Canada employees, customers and stakeholders celebrated with elected officials and Airbus Group senior management to mark the company’s 30th Anniversary.
With 190 customers operating over 680 aircraft, Airbus Helicopters Canada is marking 30 years of providing quality customer service and technology to the Canadian helicopter industry.Over the past 30 years, Airbus Helicopters has supported regional and national law enforcement agencies, emergency medical services, utility operators, government and corporate customers to supply, operate and maintain the fleet of Airbus Helicopters aircraft in Canada. Today Airbus Helicopters has over 50% market share in civil and parapubic markets in Canada.
“Customer Satisfaction, Safety, Quality and Competitiveness are the cornerstones of our business,” said Mr. Dominique Maudet, Executive Vice President, Global Business and Services for Airbus Helicopters. “Airbus Helicopters is committed to improving the safety of our customers and their passengers as well as increasing aircraft efficiencies for the market. Airbus Helicopters Canada’ssuccess is a prime example of how we are making this materialize.”
The Fort Erie facility is recognized as a Centre of Excellence for composite component manufacturing within the Airbus Helicopters Group thanks to the expertise of its team and its competitiveness. It produces several composite components for a variety of Airbus Helicopters’ leading aircraft models which are sold internationally in more than 100 markets. Following a global competitive process, new production work has been awarded recently to Airbus Helicopters Canada by its parent company, Airbus Helicopters, based in Marignane, France. The Canadian facility will be making engine cowlings for the popular EC225. The investments have brought excellent opportunities for the company. “Over 40% of the workforce is already manufacturing components for the export market, the goal is to increase this figure to 60% by 2015” said Mr Romain Trapp, President Airbus Helicopters Canada.
“We are extremely pleased to have the opportunity to celebrate the successes from the past 30 years with our customers and employees who have helped turn Airbus Helicopters into the market leader in Canada.We look forward to continuing to drive the helicopter industry and support the dynamic owners and operators, our partnersfor years to come” said Romain Trapp.
About Airbus Helicopters Canada
Airbus Helicopters Canada, formerly Eurocopter Canada, is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters and a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 680 helicopters in the country. The company is celebrating 30 years of success in Canada this year.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its customer centers and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics