HUBI-FLY takes possession of 3rd Ecureuil Aircraft, reinforcing commitment to the aircraft family.
Fort Erie, ON, September 17th, 2014 – HUBI-FLY has taken delivery of an AS350 B2 to support a variety of missions including; Power line inspection, utility, training and filmography. The aircraft will be based in Vienna, Austria and will join the Airbus Helicopters fleet of a previously delivered AS350 B2 and AS355 F2.
“We have chosen the AS350 B2 because it is a well-proven aircraft for muti-mission performance, with low operating costs, powerful capabilities and enhanced safety features,” said Mr. Manuel Gruber, Flight Operations Manager, HUBI-FLY.“We have customized the aircraft configuration to meet the specific mission requirements of our customers.”
The aircraft has been customized at the Airbus Helicopters Canada facility with a variety of optional equipment including; Cargo swing, floor windows, radar altimeter and Transponder GTX 330 Mode S.
“We are pleased that HUBI-FLY has decided to expand their fleet once again with Airbus Helicopters,” said Mr. Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “We were delighted to utilize our capabilities to customize the aircraft here at our facility in Fort Erie, Ontario.”
The multipurpose, single-engine AS350 B2, powered by a Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 engine, has an outstanding proven track record. Its flexibility and low acquisition cost have made it a very sought-after helicopter capable of performing a wide range of missions including; passenger transportation, aerial work, training, observation, firefighting and law enforcement, among others. With its spacious and comfortable cabin accommodating one pilot plus up to 6 passengers, the AS350 B2 is especially appreciated for its passenger transportation capabilities for VIP missions, tourist flights and public service tasks. Its wide cabin and panoramic view ensures optimum visibility for both passengers and crew.
About Airbus Helicopters Canada
Airbus Helicopters Canada, formerly Eurocopter Canada, is a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 670 helicopters in the country. The company is celebrating 30 years of success in Canada this year.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No.1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its participations and customer centers and in 21 countries and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil & military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU