Communication Specialists could be called the backbone of the emergency transport industry. From interfacility transfers to precautionary landings, their skills get vehicles where they are needed when they are needed most. To further hone the skillset of the industry’s communicators, the Helicopter Flight Training Center is introducing the CommLab.
“We have brought together some of the top communicators and industry partners to form this state of the art simulation lab, a first of its kind for our industry,” said Stewart Corbin, Director of Communications for MedComm in Ohio.
Training will include inter-facility and scene transfers, bird strikes, neonatal transfers, multiple aircraft requests, misinformation and changing landing zones, as well as IFR conditions and inadvertent IMC. Specialists will also hone their skills for map reading, customer service, radio operations, flight planning and following, and safety related procedures.
“We already have a multitude of opportunities available at the Helicopter Flight Training Center and this addition really brings us full circle,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “We are creating scenarios for our communicators that involve the pilots training in our flight simulators for a simultaneous simulation experience, and plan to add an additional OCC course in the future that will satisfy the FAA HEMS Rule for the Operational Control Center personnel.
The CommLab is endorsed by NAACS and available to all Communication Specialists. Classes begin the first quarter of 2015. For more information, contact Terry Palmer at [email protected].
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics