Communication Specialists could be called the backbone of the emergency transport industry. From interfacility transfers to precautionary landings, their skills get vehicles where they are needed when they are needed most. To further hone the skillset of the industry’s communicators, the Helicopter Flight Training Center is introducing the CommLab.
“We have brought together some of the top communicators and industry partners to form this state of the art simulation lab, a first of its kind for our industry,” said Stewart Corbin, Director of Communications for MedComm in Ohio.
Training will include inter-facility and scene transfers, bird strikes, neonatal transfers, multiple aircraft requests, misinformation and changing landing zones, as well as IFR conditions and inadvertent IMC. Specialists will also hone their skills for map reading, customer service, radio operations, flight planning and following, and safety related procedures.
“We already have a multitude of opportunities available at the Helicopter Flight Training Center and this addition really brings us full circle,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “We are creating scenarios for our communicators that involve the pilots training in our flight simulators for a simultaneous simulation experience, and plan to add an additional OCC course in the future that will satisfy the FAA HEMS Rule for the Operational Control Center personnel.
The CommLab is endorsed by NAACS and available to all Communication Specialists. Classes begin the first quarter of 2015. For more information, contact Terry Palmer at [email protected].
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification