Aero Asahi Corporation and its subsidiary Central Helicopter Service, have signed with Turbomeca (Safran) a 5 year extension of the SBH® (“Support By the Hour”) contract covering their fleet of Arriel 2 and Arriel 1E2 engines.
More than 50 engines powering AS350B3/AS365N3/S76C+ and BK117C2 helicopters are now maintained through the SBH® program and used for all type of missions, from Utility to EMS, as well as VIP transportation.
Turbomeca and Aero Asahi recently celebrated a partnership of more than 50 years and are looking forward to the successful growth of their mutual activities.
Mr. Hirofumi Iwashita, GM Procurement and Logistics, said: “The SBH® contract allows for better control of operation cost as well as enhanced proximity support from Turbomeca.”
Part of Toyota Motors Group of Companies, Aero Asahi is a leading Helicopter operator in Japan.
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 proximity maintenance centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team