Daniel Sitnam, President and CEO for Richmond based Helijet International Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Ted Houston as Director of Flight Operations & Safety, effective September 29, 2014.
Ted has held the capacity of Helijet’s Chief Pilot for fixed wing operations for the past seven years, and will now oversee all facets of flight and operating standards for both fixed and rotary wing operations at Helijet.
Ted joined Helijet in December, 2006 as Chief Pilot-Fixed Wing to oversee the transition to the Learjet program, responsible for all respective operating specifications. Prior to that time, he accumulated over 19,000 accident-free hours on more than 20 different aircraft types. In his 40+ years of flying, he has flown extensively in all regions of Canada, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, working for numerous Canadian Air Carriers as a flying Captain and Chief Pilot designate.
Ted will be a welcome knowledge base to the Company’s flight operating areas, as he brings a deep understanding of the regulatory, safety and operating disciplines necessary to maintain and propel the company’s high standards of service delivery. In addition to flight operations management, Ted will also oversee Helijet’s safety systems and protocols, insofar as aviation matters are concerned.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 28 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific North West.
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program