From the heart of Switzerland, on the airport of Mollis, Marenco Swhisshelicopter AG is proud to announce the completion of the First flight of the SKYe SH09.
The SKYe SH09, the latest generation of high performance light single-engine helicopter has successfully achieved its’ First Flight with Chief Test Pilot Dwayne Williams at the controls, manoeuvring the prototype aircraft in hover in five test flights that lasted approximately 20 minutes.
Martin Stucki, Designer, Founder and Chief Executive Officer was pleased to inform that the First flight had confirmed the preliminary flying and handling characteristics of the aircraft: “This is a milestone in the development of our program and this success has followed the extensive component testing-phase and quantity of Ground tests performed in the last weeks and months”.
The SKYe SH09 features a full composite airframe as well as all-composite main rotor and tail rotor blades; it is equipped with glass cockpit avionics systems and the powerful HTS-900-2 engine by Honeywell. Mathias Senes, Chief Commercial Officer, describes that among all features, the SKYe SH09 helicopter is being developed as a true “vertical take-off Platform” that will ensure, for our clients and operators, the highest levels of usability and multi-mission capabilities.
The SKYe SH09 is scheduled to enter in production within the next 12 to 16 months. Marenco Swisshelicopter AG already holds over 50x orders and agreements on the aircraft.
Keep your eyes on the SKYe.
About the SKYe SH09 helicopter:
With a Maximum Take-Off Weight of 2,650 kg (5,842 lbs) the SKYe SH09 helicopter offers exceptional hot and high performance, a flexible engine concept and a low noise signature thanks to the newly developed dynamic assemblies and shrouded tail-rotor.
The modularity of the cabin makes the most of the flat floor and the unique high ceiling concept, offering multiple seating arrangements of 1 Pilot + up to 7 passengers, all with individual crashworthy seats. The rear access to the cabin is facilitated by the large clamshell doors; addressing the passenger transport and emergency evacuation roles of the helicopter.
With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it will also offer very long range – in excess of 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. SKYe SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, and an augmented sling load capability of 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs).
About Marenco Swisshelicopter (MSH):
The Marenco Swisshelicopter Company is the result of combining the engineering expertise of Marenco Ltd. and a team of highly qualified helicopter specialists, pilots and aviation experts. Marenco Swisshelicopter Ltd. was founded in 2007 for the direct purpose of developing, building and commercializing new concepts of light turbine helicopters. With this industrial visionary concept, Marenco Swisshelicopter developed a new generation of helicopter built with a design that concentrates on the key notion of competitive superiority, modularity, advanced ergonomics and with the integration of the best choice of materials.
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Rainier Heli-International adds five SH09 options
- Kopter and INAEC launch SH09 in the Philippines
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Kopter introduces its new website!
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Kopter’s SH09 Flight Test Program moves forward
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Paradise Helicopters visits Kopter’s SH09 flight test base in Pozzallo
- Metro Aviation signs an agreement with Kopter
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Kopter and Louisiana State announce new helicopter facility
- Kopter SH09 successfully completed initial flight tests
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- SH09 latest prototype begins flight trials
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018