From the heart of Switzerland, on the airport of Mollis, Marenco Swhisshelicopter AG is proud to announce the completion of the First flight of the SKYe SH09.
The SKYe SH09, the latest generation of high performance light single-engine helicopter has successfully achieved its’ First Flight with Chief Test Pilot Dwayne Williams at the controls, manoeuvring the prototype aircraft in hover in five test flights that lasted approximately 20 minutes.
Martin Stucki, Designer, Founder and Chief Executive Officer was pleased to inform that the First flight had confirmed the preliminary flying and handling characteristics of the aircraft: “This is a milestone in the development of our program and this success has followed the extensive component testing-phase and quantity of Ground tests performed in the last weeks and months”.
The SKYe SH09 features a full composite airframe as well as all-composite main rotor and tail rotor blades; it is equipped with glass cockpit avionics systems and the powerful HTS-900-2 engine by Honeywell. Mathias Senes, Chief Commercial Officer, describes that among all features, the SKYe SH09 helicopter is being developed as a true “vertical take-off Platform” that will ensure, for our clients and operators, the highest levels of usability and multi-mission capabilities.
The SKYe SH09 is scheduled to enter in production within the next 12 to 16 months. Marenco Swisshelicopter AG already holds over 50x orders and agreements on the aircraft.
Keep your eyes on the SKYe.
About the SKYe SH09 helicopter:
With a Maximum Take-Off Weight of 2,650 kg (5,842 lbs) the SKYe SH09 helicopter offers exceptional hot and high performance, a flexible engine concept and a low noise signature thanks to the newly developed dynamic assemblies and shrouded tail-rotor.
The modularity of the cabin makes the most of the flat floor and the unique high ceiling concept, offering multiple seating arrangements of 1 Pilot + up to 7 passengers, all with individual crashworthy seats. The rear access to the cabin is facilitated by the large clamshell doors; addressing the passenger transport and emergency evacuation roles of the helicopter.
With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it will also offer very long range – in excess of 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. SKYe SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, and an augmented sling load capability of 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs).
About Marenco Swisshelicopter (MSH):
The Marenco Swisshelicopter Company is the result of combining the engineering expertise of Marenco Ltd. and a team of highly qualified helicopter specialists, pilots and aviation experts. Marenco Swisshelicopter Ltd. was founded in 2007 for the direct purpose of developing, building and commercializing new concepts of light turbine helicopters. With this industrial visionary concept, Marenco Swisshelicopter developed a new generation of helicopter built with a design that concentrates on the key notion of competitive superiority, modularity, advanced ergonomics and with the integration of the best choice of materials.
- SH09 latest prototype begins flight trials
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- Kopter SH09 displayed in new customer livery at Helitech 2018
- Kopter appoints SH09 distributor for South Africa
- Kopter to show law enforcement SH09 at APSCON
- Kopter announces Garmin G3000H for Baseline of SH09 Helicopter
- Kopter receives Aerosuisse Award
- Kopter signs with Paradise Helicopters
- Kopter Group announces new order for 18 SH09
- Kopter signed with Rainier International Inc. for 10 SH09
- Marenco prepares for Heli-Expo
- Marenco provides update on SKYe SH09 program
- Marenco SKYe SH09 to Norway
- SKYe SH09 order-book hits 101 units
- Marenco looks ahead to Heli-Expo 2017
- Connova to supply composite parts, sub-assemblies and tooling for Marenco SH09
- Marenco signs first Launch Customer contract
- Helisul signs LOI for ten Marenco SKYe SH09
- Marenco signs contract for Honeywell HTS900 engines