This year’s Education Programme at Helitech International lifts off on 14th October with the Business and Strategy Conference which will host a round table discussion featuring high-level speakers including Jonathan Baliff, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO),Bristow Group; Robert Dranitzke, Managing Director, Milestone Aviation; Daniele Romiti, CEO, AgustaWestland and Guillaume Faury, President and CEO, Airbus Helicopters. The programme will also include a presentation from Kevin Shelton-Smith, Chief Aviation Projects and Planning at the United Nations, on the introduction of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in the UN fleet.
The conference will address key issues facing the rotorcraft industry over the next five to ten years, the outlook for global rotorcraft sales and identify key regional trends and market opportunities. The forum will debate both the challenges and the opportunities that lie ahead, as well as looking at how Original Equipment Manufacturers and their industry partners might support future rotorcraft business growth.
“Our customers perform demanding missions all over the world, day by day, in difficult environments,” said Mr Faury. “Inspired by Airbus and other industries, we are transforming ourselves to offer them a new standard and to better contribute to their own missions and objectives. Safety is my number one priority.”
The UN spends $1bn per annum chartering aircraft to support its 17 peacekeeping missions around the world. Kevin Shelton-Smith will briefly describe the helicopter operations and how the UN is trialing new solicitation methods to attract modern assets and quality. He will discuss the introduction last year of UAVs in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and explain the impact of UAVs on UN helicopter utilisation and the lessons learnt from this experience.
“This is an exciting and challenging time for UN Aviation and I look forward to discussing these opportunities at Helitech International,” said Mr Shelton-Smith.
For more information on the Business and Strategy Conference: http://www.helitechevents.com/en/agenda/Business-and-Strategy-Conference/
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)