Vector Aerospace Corporation (“Vector Aerospace”- www.vectoraerospace.com), one of the world’s leading independent providers of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce the signing of a five (5) year agreement with Orange County Sheriff’s Department to conduct maintenance, repair and overhaul on their AS350 and UH-1H helicopters.
“Signing this contract with Orange County Sheriff’s Department highlights Vector’s ability to provide tip-to-tail MRO support for AS350 fleets,” states Chris McDowell, vice president, sales & marketing at Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services – North America (“HS-NA”).With extensive qualifications and experience on Arriel 1 & 2 engine platforms, AS350 components and UH-1H aircraft, we are looking forward to supporting the MRO requirements of Orange County over the next 5 years.”
“We are pleased to sign this agreement with Vector Aerospace”, states Sergeant William Fitzgerald, Aviation Support Unit, Orange County Sheriff’s Department. “Over and above the economic requirements, our decision to leverage Vector’s maintenance, repair and overhaul services is based on their reputation for superior customer support and high quality service.”
Vector Aerospace supports Turbomeca, Rolls-Royce, Pratt & Whitney Canada and General Electric engine products (including complete test capability), and is a D-Level certified Airbus Helicopters repair center, Sikorsky customer support center and Bell MRO provider. Airframe capabilities include major inspections, structural repair, dynamic component overhaul and full avionics upgrades including complete aircraft rewire and glass cockpit engineering, development and integration.
About Orange County Sheriff’s Department Aviation Support Unit
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department Aviation Support Unit was approved by the County Board of Supervisors in 1984. Since then, “Duke” has been improving Law Enforcement and other aviation support services provided to residents of Orange County In addition to providing aerial surveillance for ground support, their crews are able to quickly transport members of specialized personnel (SWAT, Dive Team, Search and Rescue and Canines), to provide an aerial platform for personnel to view and assess fires and other disasters, assist with fire suppression by using water dropping buckets and provide aerial evacuation from high rise structures during fires or other emergency situations.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation MRO services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, and Kenya, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU