September sees UK based operator and support organisation Specialist Aviation Services celebrating 30 years of operations.
The business, started as Police Aviation Services in September 1984, has led the development of specialist air operations in the UK alongside its emergency services police and air ambulance partners. Many of its operations and technologies are recognised and adopted as best industry practice on an international basis.
The company has also grown and developed a broad portfolio of specialist operations and support expertise on an international basis, with on-shore and off-shore contracts in Continental Europe and the Middle East.
The company prides itself on its bespoke solutions and innovative approaches, being quick to adapt in line with a fast moving industry.
SAS introduced NOTAR technology to the UK in the form of the MD 902 Explorer. It now supports 35 MD 902 Explorers in and outside of the UK. It was the first to provide night HEMS services in the UK over 15 years ago as part of its Police operations and currently provides 24/7 Air Ambulance Operations with NVIS approvals. The SAS fleet is developing with the introduction of the Agusta Westland AW 169 to operate alongside its Explorers from next year.
In acknowledging the company’s 30 years in business, Managing Director, Henk Schaeken commented “I’m very proud of the role we play in our industry and the success we’ve achieved to date. It is very special to be part of a business that, together with our partners, contributes to safeguarding and saving lives. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been involved in getting us this far. Looking ahead, we have plenty of exciting challenges as we continue to maintain our edge and develop the business further, both in the coming months and years.”
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC