Vector Aerospace Engine Services – Atlantic Inc. (ES-A), a subsidiary of Vector Aerospace Corporation, is pleased to announce that its MRO facility in Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada has received AS9110B certification.
AS9110B is the standard that was developed by aerospace professionals to meet the specific requirements of Aerospace Maintenance Organizations. AS9110B incorporates the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 and specifies additional requirements for a quality management system for Aerospace Maintenance Organizations that must maintain or repair aviation or aerospace related products.
“We are one of only fifteen companies in Canada to hold this approval and the first in Atlantic Canada,” says Jeff Poirier, president of ES-A. “The AS9110B is much more than a Quality Standard. It is truly an organizational business tool that will allow us to increase our efficiencies, produce a quality product, and remain competitive in a challenging aviation marketplace. This certification will also help us to increase our market share by gaining access to large and global military markets.”
Vector Aerospace Corporation holds approvals from some of the world’s leading OEMs including Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce, Turbomeca, General Electric and Honeywell. Products supported include the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T, PT6A, JT15D, PW100, PW150A, PW307 and PW308A series engines; Rolls-Royce M250; Rolls-Royce T56/501D;Turbomeca Arriel 1 and Arriel 2; General Electric T58 / CT58 and CT-7A / T700 engines; Honeywell TFE731 and Honeywell ALF 502/LF507 (all engine lines include complete test capability); dynamic components, full-service avionics capability; up to and including glass cockpit engineering, development and integration, complete aircraft rewires, as well as airframes and major inspections support for a variety of Airbus Helicopters, Sikorsky, Boeing and AgustaWestland helicopter models.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf