Enstrom Helicopter Corporation celebrated delivery of the first model 480B-G to Rick Boswell of New Hampshire today. The 480B-G is equipped with the Garmin G1000H glass cockpit.
“I’m a tech junkie,” says Rick. “When I heard about the Garmin G1000H, I had to have it. Partner it with the Enstrom 480B, and it’s my perfect helicopter.”
Certification of the 480B-G was completed in July 2014, making the 480B-G the only helicopter in its class offering this sophisticated electronic equipment.
A history with Enstrom
“I learned to fly helicopters in an Enstrom,” said Rick. “On my first day of training, I knew this was the right aircraft for me.” Rick was instrumental in upgrading the avionics in his previous 480B as well.
Roger Sharkey of Sharkey’s Helicopters served as Mr. Boswell’s instructor. “The 480B has always been a phenomenal ship, rugged and reliable,” said Roger. “They have taken the unbeatable reliability of an Enstrom helicopter and paired it with the best avionics suite available today, bar none. This is the future.”
The entire Enstrom team welcomed Rick and Roger at their manufacturing facility in Menominee, Michigan. “The fine team at Enstrom worked hard to make the 480B-G a reality, and we are excited that you are the first customer for this unparalleled aircraft,” said Tracy Biegler, Enstrom’s President and CEO.
Rick meets his ship
After his initial flight, Rick’s comment was, “Spectacular! There’s a lot to learn, but after some study time and a few hours flying, it’ll be second nature.” He is also thrilled with the paint scheme, which he chose to honor the Blue Angels.
“Rick says the Enstrom 480B is one of the best-kept secrets in the aviation world,” said Orlando Alaniz, Director of Sales and Marketing at Enstrom. “That got my attention, and the 480B-G demonstrates we are working to change that.”
Garmin stops by
“We are thrilled to be a part of the 480B-G program and proud of our strong partnership with Enstrom,” said Chris Bauer, Aviation OEM Sales Manager at Garmin. “Both of our products are known for safety and reliability, making the G1000H a great fit for the 480B-G. The industry-leading situational awareness features of the G1000H provide Enstrom 480B-G customers great value.”
The 480B-G is the third helicopter model certified for the G1000H and has a stacked configuration. “This configuration just made sense in our aircraft” said Eric Gjesdahl, an avionics design engineer at Enstrom. “It mimics the current 480B configuration, allowing seamless transitions. It also makes the screens equally accessible from both seats, which is important in training.”
Sharkey’s Helicopters, Inc., is a mid-sized helicopter company based in tax-free West Lebanon, New Hampshire and is the oldest and largest Enstrom helicopter dealership in the world. In business since 1973, Sharkey’s specializes in sales, parts, and service for both Enstrom and Bell Helicopters. In addition, Sharkey’s offers full flight instruction (from basic to turbine transitions), as well as charter flights. For more information or a 480B-G demo, contact Roger Sharkey at (603) 298-8728 or visit www.sharkey’s.com.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation designs and produces light single-engine helicopters for the global market. Missions include helicopter training, police and wildlife patrol, aerial photography and tours, ag spray and livestock management, and personal transportation. Enstrom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chongqing General Aviation Industry Group Co., Ltd. (CGAG). For more information on Enstrom, visit www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification