Enstrom Helicopter Corporation celebrated delivery of the first model 480B-G to Rick Boswell of New Hampshire today. The 480B-G is equipped with the Garmin G1000H glass cockpit.
“I’m a tech junkie,” says Rick. “When I heard about the Garmin G1000H, I had to have it. Partner it with the Enstrom 480B, and it’s my perfect helicopter.”
Certification of the 480B-G was completed in July 2014, making the 480B-G the only helicopter in its class offering this sophisticated electronic equipment.
A history with Enstrom
“I learned to fly helicopters in an Enstrom,” said Rick. “On my first day of training, I knew this was the right aircraft for me.” Rick was instrumental in upgrading the avionics in his previous 480B as well.
Roger Sharkey of Sharkey’s Helicopters served as Mr. Boswell’s instructor. “The 480B has always been a phenomenal ship, rugged and reliable,” said Roger. “They have taken the unbeatable reliability of an Enstrom helicopter and paired it with the best avionics suite available today, bar none. This is the future.”
The entire Enstrom team welcomed Rick and Roger at their manufacturing facility in Menominee, Michigan. “The fine team at Enstrom worked hard to make the 480B-G a reality, and we are excited that you are the first customer for this unparalleled aircraft,” said Tracy Biegler, Enstrom’s President and CEO.
Rick meets his ship
After his initial flight, Rick’s comment was, “Spectacular! There’s a lot to learn, but after some study time and a few hours flying, it’ll be second nature.” He is also thrilled with the paint scheme, which he chose to honor the Blue Angels.
“Rick says the Enstrom 480B is one of the best-kept secrets in the aviation world,” said Orlando Alaniz, Director of Sales and Marketing at Enstrom. “That got my attention, and the 480B-G demonstrates we are working to change that.”
Garmin stops by
“We are thrilled to be a part of the 480B-G program and proud of our strong partnership with Enstrom,” said Chris Bauer, Aviation OEM Sales Manager at Garmin. “Both of our products are known for safety and reliability, making the G1000H a great fit for the 480B-G. The industry-leading situational awareness features of the G1000H provide Enstrom 480B-G customers great value.”
The 480B-G is the third helicopter model certified for the G1000H and has a stacked configuration. “This configuration just made sense in our aircraft” said Eric Gjesdahl, an avionics design engineer at Enstrom. “It mimics the current 480B configuration, allowing seamless transitions. It also makes the screens equally accessible from both seats, which is important in training.”
Sharkey’s Helicopters, Inc., is a mid-sized helicopter company based in tax-free West Lebanon, New Hampshire and is the oldest and largest Enstrom helicopter dealership in the world. In business since 1973, Sharkey’s specializes in sales, parts, and service for both Enstrom and Bell Helicopters. In addition, Sharkey’s offers full flight instruction (from basic to turbine transitions), as well as charter flights. For more information or a 480B-G demo, contact Roger Sharkey at (603) 298-8728 or visit www.sharkey’s.com.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation designs and produces light single-engine helicopters for the global market. Missions include helicopter training, police and wildlife patrol, aerial photography and tours, ag spray and livestock management, and personal transportation. Enstrom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chongqing General Aviation Industry Group Co., Ltd. (CGAG). For more information on Enstrom, visit www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO