Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), the first manufacturer to offer dry media filtration for helicopter engines, is bringing its battle-proven dry media technology to the commercial helicopter market. The company is flight testing its next-generation non-woven dry media on MD 500s equipped with Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) and will certify and offer the technology as an option for a range of popular commercial helicopters.
Donaldson’s dry media uses the company’s proprietary nanofiber technology to provide 99 percent particle separation. It has been battle tested for more than a year on U.S. BLACK HAWK helicopters in Iraq. Donaldson’s nanofiber filtration stops contaminants from reaching the engine while maintaining engine performance.
“By offering dry media to the commercial market, Donaldson is ensuring that operators have a range of quality options,” said Robert Stenberg, Donaldson St. Louis Business Development Director. “We work in partnership with our operators to help them evaluate and choose the solution that is right for them.” For example, dry media is preferred for high tempo operations, while oil-coated is ideal for those flying in more normal, less extreme environments.
And because dry media can be vulnerable to higher pressure drops, Donaldson is applying its highly advanced research and development capabilities to ensure that its commercial product meets exacting standards for OEM quality and performance. “There is no room for compromise,” Stenberg said. “Every operator should have superior engine protection.”
Current and prospective customers can discuss Donaldson’s advanced filtration technologies with company experts at the Donaldson exhibit C11, during the Helitech International Helicopter Expo & Conference, October 14-16, 2014, in Amsterdam.
About Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense Group
Donaldson’s Aerospace & Defense group is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, military shipboard systems and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our approximately 12,800 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 140 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)