Earlier this year, BBA Aviation companies Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation announced the award of new Designated Overhaul Facility (DOF) appointments from Pratt & Whitney Canada for several turboshaft engine models in support of helicopter operators. Today, the companies provided further information on their plans to expand their global support for the rotorcraft market and announced the sites for their coming rotorcraft centers of excellence.
“The Pratt &Whitney Canada designations we received earlier this year for the PW200, PW210, PT6C-67 and PT6T engine families are a central component in our strategy to becoming the world’s leading independent rotorcraft engine service provider,” said Peg Billson, President and CEO of BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services. “These new designations, combined with our existing helicopter engine repair and overhaul capabilities, will put us in a position to provide service and support to over 20,000 helicopters in service today.”
Dallas Airmotive received a DOF appointment for the PW200 and PW210 engine models. To support this designation, a rotorcraft center of excellence will be located on DFW International Airport in Dallas, Texas. H+S Aviation received a DOF appointment for the PW200, PW210, PT6C-67 and PT6T engine models. The state-of-the-art facility supporting this designation will be located in the Free Trade Zone of the Abu Dhabi International Airport, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Billson concluded by explaining that these locations were selected based on proximity to rotorcraft operators.
“We value being close to our customers. This focus positions us to provide rapid response times and deliver quicker turn times, which gets our customers back in the air faster,” she stated. “Our two new rotorcraft centers of excellence will allow us to extend our capabilities and continue to deliver the speed, expertise, and industry-leading service customers expect from our companies.”
The new Dallas facility is scheduled to be operational in the first quarter of 2015 and the Abu Dhabi facility is planned to open in December 2014.
Both Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation will be attending Helitech 2014. Stop by booth D20 for more information. Also, visit the companies’ websites at www.dallasairmotive.com and www.hsaviation.co.uk.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)