Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announces today that Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) will be providing the nacelle structures for the 280 Valor™.
“We are pleased IAI is joining our growing team of aerospace leaders and will be a part of the team investing in our next generation tiltrotor, the Bell V-280,” said John Garrison, president and CEO of Bell Helicopter. Team Valor continues to align interests and resources on this clean sheet design, together delivering technology and innovation that reduces cost, weight and complexity in order to make the next generation of tiltrotor technology more affordable.”
IAI will produce the V-280 nacelle structures using advanced automation technologies relying on the company’s broad experience in the development and manufacture of advanced aerostructures. IAI’s unique manufacturing processes allow cost reduction, enabling Team Valor to deliver a high quality and affordable tiltrotor aircraft.
Joseph Weiss, president and CEO of IAI, says: “We are pleased and proud of our contribution to the Bell V-280. IAI has gained a global reputation as a leader in aerospace technologies, and we are happy to use our advanced capabilities to create this unique aerial platform.”
The transformational features of Bell Helicopter’s next generation tiltrotor technologies within the Joint Multi Role Technology Demonstrator (JMR-TD) program reduce risk and inform the requirements for the Defense Department’s Future Vertical Lift (FVL) effort.
The clean-sheet design of the Bell V-280 Valor creates the capability to fly twice the range at double the speed of any existing helicopter. The V-280’s tiltrotor technology leverages vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capability into a strategic and tactical advantage for battle planning. Bell Helicopter leads the industry with combat-proven tiltrotor technology, and has invested in the future of military rotorcraft with its next generation tiltrotor.
Bell Helicopter has led the formation of Team Valor, a group of leading aerospace companies bringing the best engineering resources and industrial capabilities to meet the Department of Defense’s needs. Team Valor includes Lockheed Martin, AGC, Astronics, Eaton, General Electric, GKN Aerospace, IAI Aerospace, Lord, Meggitt, Moog, Spirit AeroSystems and TRU Simulation and Training.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe