Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announces today that Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) will be providing the nacelle structures for the 280 Valor™.
“We are pleased IAI is joining our growing team of aerospace leaders and will be a part of the team investing in our next generation tiltrotor, the Bell V-280,” said John Garrison, president and CEO of Bell Helicopter. Team Valor continues to align interests and resources on this clean sheet design, together delivering technology and innovation that reduces cost, weight and complexity in order to make the next generation of tiltrotor technology more affordable.”
IAI will produce the V-280 nacelle structures using advanced automation technologies relying on the company’s broad experience in the development and manufacture of advanced aerostructures. IAI’s unique manufacturing processes allow cost reduction, enabling Team Valor to deliver a high quality and affordable tiltrotor aircraft.
Joseph Weiss, president and CEO of IAI, says: “We are pleased and proud of our contribution to the Bell V-280. IAI has gained a global reputation as a leader in aerospace technologies, and we are happy to use our advanced capabilities to create this unique aerial platform.”
The transformational features of Bell Helicopter’s next generation tiltrotor technologies within the Joint Multi Role Technology Demonstrator (JMR-TD) program reduce risk and inform the requirements for the Defense Department’s Future Vertical Lift (FVL) effort.
The clean-sheet design of the Bell V-280 Valor creates the capability to fly twice the range at double the speed of any existing helicopter. The V-280’s tiltrotor technology leverages vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capability into a strategic and tactical advantage for battle planning. Bell Helicopter leads the industry with combat-proven tiltrotor technology, and has invested in the future of military rotorcraft with its next generation tiltrotor.
Bell Helicopter has led the formation of Team Valor, a group of leading aerospace companies bringing the best engineering resources and industrial capabilities to meet the Department of Defense’s needs. Team Valor includes Lockheed Martin, AGC, Astronics, Eaton, General Electric, GKN Aerospace, IAI Aerospace, Lord, Meggitt, Moog, Spirit AeroSystems and TRU Simulation and Training.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock