Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announces today that Textron sister company, TRU Simulation + Training, will provide a high fidelity Flight Training Device (FTD) and Interactive Multi Media Instruction (IMI) virtual Maintenance Trainer for the Bell V-280 Valor™.
“We are pleased TRU Simulation + Training is joining our growing team of aerospace leaders and will be a part of the team investing in our next generation tiltrotor, the Bell V-280,” said President and CEO John Garrison. “Team Valor continues to align interests and resources on this clean sheet design, together delivering technology and innovation that reduces cost, weight and complexity in order to make the next generation of tiltrotor technology more affordable.”
With a focus on pilot proficiency and safety, initially TRU Simulation + Training will produce a high fidelity Flight Training Device that gives pilots a true sense of the aircraft’s cockpit design and next generation tiltrotor operation. This FTD will familiarize the legacy helicopter pilot community with the transformational acceleration, deceleration, low speed agility, and high speed maneuverability of a next generation V-280 tiltrotor that will fundamentally change the way they employ, fly and fight in future conflicts. Additionally, the company will provide a virtual Maintenance Trainer that uses multi-media courseware to help flight mechanics learn the Bell V-280 Valor system faster and more quickly become proficient in serving the end customer’s maintenance needs.
“This cooperative agreement is a win-win for the customer and for our two companies,” states Jim Takats, TRU Simulation + Training president and CEO. “Producing a Flight Training Device for the Bell V-280 Valor gives us an opportunity to demonstrate our advanced technology capabilities. For Bell and the customer, this collaboration will allow for a future vertical lift solution with both the aircraft maneuverability and pilot readiness that tomorrow’s fighting force needs.”
The transformational features of Bell Helicopter’s next generation tiltrotor technologies within the Joint Multi Role Technology Demonstrator (JMR-TD) program reduce risk and inform the requirements for the Department of Defense’s Future Vertical Lift (FVL) effort.
The clean-sheet design of the Bell V-280 Valor creates the capability to fly twice the range at double the speed of any existing helicopter. The V-280’s tiltrotor technology leverages vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capability into a strategic and tactical advantage for battle planning. Bell Helicopter leads the industry with combat-proven tiltrotor technology, and has invested in the future of military rotorcraft with its next generation tiltrotor.
Bell Helicopter has led the formation of Team Valor, a group of leading aerospace companies bringing the best engineering resources and industrial capabilities to meet the Department of Defense’s needs. Team Valor includes Lockheed Martin, AGC, Astronics, Eaton, General Electric, GKN Aerospace, IAI Aerospace, Lord, Meggitt, Moog, Spirit AeroSystems, and now TRU Simulation + Training.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role