Chicago’s premier helicopter tour and transportation company, Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE), will unveil the first and only private heliport in Chicago — set to open late fall 2014. The new C.H.E. Chicago Heliport is located at 2420 S. Halsted, with convenient access from the EL Orange line and the river with its own water taxi dock.
The heliport is owned and operated by Chicago Helicopter Experience, who will use it as the main location for its flight operations. The C.H.E. Chicago Heliport is composed of a 17,500 square foot hangar building, two-story 16,800 square foot terminal building, fuel farm, water taxi dock, and parking pads for up to 14 helicopters — all located on five acres along the Chicago river just south of the Loop (city center).
“With our new Chicago heliport, we can provide Chicago residents and visitors with a completely unique and un-matched tour experience,” said CHE Founder and CEO, Trevor Heffernan. “As the only privately owned and operated heliport in Chicago, we own the land, the facility, and the aircraft. Therefore we can significantly cut excess costs and offer our customers the best experience at the best price point.”
The state-of-the-art facility, which will be used primarily for tours, maintains an ideal downtown location in the heart of city, close to multiple forms of public transportation. CHE is the only tour operator in Chicago to operate a fleet of the renowned quiet and eco-friendly Airbus EC 130’s — providing passengers with an unparalleled, epic tour experience.
Chicago Helicopter Experience is Chicago’s leading and largest helicopter tour provider. The daytime helicopter experience offers the ultimate tour of Chicago with stunning sky views of the city’s world famous architecture, iconic skyline and beautiful Lake Michigan. For that romantic occasion or just for a unique tour option, CHE offers twilight tours — an incredible way to see Chicago during the magic hour as the sun sets, casting a gorgeous golden light over the city and lake. The CHE night helicopter tours are an unforgettable way to marvel at Chicago’s most famous landmarks as they light up the skyline.
CHE founder Trevor Heffernan has grown the company from a personal vision — to Chicago’s leading helicopter touring company in three years. Moving CHE to its own facility in Chicago will allow the company to continue to grow at a high rate as it expands in the Chicago market.
About Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE)
Chicago Helicopter Experience is a local Chicago based helicopter company. Our mission is to make helicopters tours and transportation affordable, and accessible for the people of Chicago and visitors who want to see the best of our city. To better serve our passengers, Chicago Helicopter Experience is building the first and only private heliport in downtown Chicago at 2420 S. Halsted in downtown Chicago. For tour information and booking, please visit us at www.chetours.com.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters