L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has received an order from Bond Helicopters Europe for seven MX-10 electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems in support of the U.K.’s National Police Air Service (NPAS) EC135T2 helicopter upgrade program. Deliveries to the U.K. will be phased, starting with the first unit in December 2014 and the seventh by December 2016.
Installation of the turrets will be completed by Bond Helicopters, while maintenance and in- country support of the MX-10 systems will be performed by L-3 WESCAM Service Centers in the U.K.
The selection of the MX-10 on NPAS’ EC135T2 helicopters followed extensive helicopter flight testing and successful trials of the turret on NPAS fixed-wing aircraft. Currently, L-3 WESCAM has over 200 EO/IR and targeting systems operating in the U.K.
“We’re very pleased that Bond Helicopters recognized L-3’s MX-10 as the most viable EO/IR solution for this critical policing program,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “The MX-10 was the smallest and lightest solution bid for the program, and its flight trials successfully delivered the required standoff performance and high-resolution video specified in the NPAS tender.”
With fully active 4-axis MX-Series stabilization, the MX-10s will be configured with advanced sensors, featuring a four field-of-view thermal imager, daylight continuous zoom TV, low-light continuous zoom TV and a suite of MX-GEO technologies that will provide the accurate geographical location of subjects, as well as advanced tracking assistance. In addition, the systems will directly interface to other key mission system components, including CarteNav’s AIMS-ISR® mission system software and Avalex Technologies’ high-definition displays and digital video recorders.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment