L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has received an order from Bond Helicopters Europe for seven MX-10 electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems in support of the U.K.’s National Police Air Service (NPAS) EC135T2 helicopter upgrade program. Deliveries to the U.K. will be phased, starting with the first unit in December 2014 and the seventh by December 2016.
Installation of the turrets will be completed by Bond Helicopters, while maintenance and in- country support of the MX-10 systems will be performed by L-3 WESCAM Service Centers in the U.K.
The selection of the MX-10 on NPAS’ EC135T2 helicopters followed extensive helicopter flight testing and successful trials of the turret on NPAS fixed-wing aircraft. Currently, L-3 WESCAM has over 200 EO/IR and targeting systems operating in the U.K.
“We’re very pleased that Bond Helicopters recognized L-3’s MX-10 as the most viable EO/IR solution for this critical policing program,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “The MX-10 was the smallest and lightest solution bid for the program, and its flight trials successfully delivered the required standoff performance and high-resolution video specified in the NPAS tender.”
With fully active 4-axis MX-Series stabilization, the MX-10s will be configured with advanced sensors, featuring a four field-of-view thermal imager, daylight continuous zoom TV, low-light continuous zoom TV and a suite of MX-GEO technologies that will provide the accurate geographical location of subjects, as well as advanced tracking assistance. In addition, the systems will directly interface to other key mission system components, including CarteNav’s AIMS-ISR® mission system software and Avalex Technologies’ high-definition displays and digital video recorders.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2013 sales of $12.6 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey