Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation leasing arm of the Libra Group, has entered into an agreement to lease a new AgustaWestland AW139 to HeliService international, the leading provider of offshore services, passenger and cargo transportation, polar flights and helicopter maintenance services.
This will be the first new AW139 in HeliService’s fleet. The helicopter, scheduled for delivery in November, will be operated in the North Sea and Baltic regions, primarily to support the growing offshore wind industry. To meet the exacting requirements of these missions, this particular helicopter has been built to a high specification, including dual hoists.
Established in 1987, HeliService international GmbH, based in Northern Germany, currently operates a fleet of AW139, S-76, AW Grand and MBB BO 105 helicopters on missions in Northern Europe and also in Antarctica and the Arctic
LCI Executive Chairman, Crispin Maunder, says: “We are delighted to form this new partnership with HeliService, and have worked closely with them to define a specification that will be of immense benefit for their customers over the years to come.”
Eberhard Herr, Managing Director at HeliService international GmbH says: “Working with the LCI team has been a very positive experience. Our negotiations have been constructive and expedient, driven by the goal of achieving fair solutions for both parties. I am sure we have found the right partner for the expansion of my company.“
Earlier this month LCI successfully closed a five-year, US$325 million asset–backed credit facility for its helicopter-leasing arm, LCI Helicopters.
LCI’s helicopter division comprises a fleet of delivered and ordered helicopters approaching ninety new units, including the market-leading AgustaWestland AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters and next-generation Airbus Helicopters EC175 and the newly-unveiled Airbus EC225e, for which LCI is a launch customer.
LCI’s helicopters are already in operation across five continents – Asia, Australasia, Africa, Antarctica, and Europe.
LCI announced almost US$1 billion in new orders at the HAI Heli-Expo in Anaheim, California, earlier this year and has also attracted investment of more than US$100 million from KKR Financial Holdings, LLC, to address growing oil and gas sector demand, as well as search and rescue and air ambulance services. Since its inception in 2004, LCI has acquired fixed wing and rotary aircraft with a combined value of approaching US$6 billion.
LCIH will be attending this year’s Helitech conference in Amsterdam, Crispin Maunder and Michael Platt will be present along with the LCI Helicopters’ marketing team at Stand H18.
About Lease Corporation International (LCI)
Since its inception in 2004, LCI has acquired fixed wing and rotary aircraft with a value of around US$6 billion. LCI is owned by Libra Group (www.libra.com), an international business group with 30 subsidiaries operating across five continents. Libra Group’s subsidiaries are primarily focused on aviation, shipping, hospitality, energy and real estate, along with selected diversified investments. www.lciaviation.com
About HeliService international GmbH
HeliService international was founded in 1987 by Mr. Eberhard Herr. After establishing a flying school, a Bell 206 Long Ranger as well as a Bell 222 were put into operation. At the beginning of the nineties, three EMS helicopter locations were operated by HeliService with the approval of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior and the Hessian Ministry for Youth, Family and Health. Also, an own maintenance organization was established. After the EMS services department was sold to ADAC Air Rescue GmbH in 1998, a contract for the operation of scientific flights in Arctic and Antarctic regions for the Alfred Wegener Institute was acquired by HeliService international GmbH. Upon the acquisition of this contract the first location at the North Sea coast was established. Today, the company concentrates on offshore flight operations and has been able to acquire well-known offshore wind energy clients.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President