Helijet has begun the process of establishing scheduled helicopter service between its downtown Vancouver Heliport and Nanaimo’s Cruise Ship Centre facility, utilizing its fleet of familiar 12-passenger, twin engine, two-pilot Sikorsky helicopters.
In recognition of a growing demand for fast, convenient air service between the two centres, especially for business travellers and commuters, Helijet plans to offer up to seven return flights daily Monday through Friday during the busy fall and winter seasons, when its air services are typically in high demand.
Helijet will offer the fastest, most efficient and reliable air travel available between the two business centres, with flights taking just 18 minutes each way, day or night. In addition, Helijet will offer complimentary all-day vehicle parking for its Nanaimo passengers, as it does at all of its passenger terminals. Complimentary ground shuttle service to downtown locations will also be available, along with 15 minute prior-to-boarding check-in service, complimented with food and beverage service.
“We’ve identified launching a new route between Nanaimo and Vancouver as a priority for us, and we’re working through all of the many planning, logistical, and operational matters that go with setting up an entirely new route like this,” says Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam. “As for when we’ll launch our inaugural flights, the timeline’s still a bit fluid, and depends entirely on how quickly all of the approvals and groundwork can come together. Best-case scenario, we could start as soon as this Winter, although a lot of work has yet to be completed, so an exact start-up date will be forthcoming.”
“The Nanaimo Port Authority is very pleased to support Helijet with transportation options for Island residents and travelers to Vancouver Island,” added Bernie Dumas, President & CEO, Nanaimo Port Authority. “Helijet’s reputation as an efficient service enhances the links to our central island location and contributes to flexible itineraries for business and tourism activities.”
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 28 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific North West.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden