Helijet has begun the process of establishing scheduled helicopter service between its downtown Vancouver Heliport and Nanaimo’s Cruise Ship Centre facility, utilizing its fleet of familiar 12-passenger, twin engine, two-pilot Sikorsky helicopters.
In recognition of a growing demand for fast, convenient air service between the two centres, especially for business travellers and commuters, Helijet plans to offer up to seven return flights daily Monday through Friday during the busy fall and winter seasons, when its air services are typically in high demand.
Helijet will offer the fastest, most efficient and reliable air travel available between the two business centres, with flights taking just 18 minutes each way, day or night. In addition, Helijet will offer complimentary all-day vehicle parking for its Nanaimo passengers, as it does at all of its passenger terminals. Complimentary ground shuttle service to downtown locations will also be available, along with 15 minute prior-to-boarding check-in service, complimented with food and beverage service.
“We’ve identified launching a new route between Nanaimo and Vancouver as a priority for us, and we’re working through all of the many planning, logistical, and operational matters that go with setting up an entirely new route like this,” says Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam. “As for when we’ll launch our inaugural flights, the timeline’s still a bit fluid, and depends entirely on how quickly all of the approvals and groundwork can come together. Best-case scenario, we could start as soon as this Winter, although a lot of work has yet to be completed, so an exact start-up date will be forthcoming.”
“The Nanaimo Port Authority is very pleased to support Helijet with transportation options for Island residents and travelers to Vancouver Island,” added Bernie Dumas, President & CEO, Nanaimo Port Authority. “Helijet’s reputation as an efficient service enhances the links to our central island location and contributes to flexible itineraries for business and tourism activities.”
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 28 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific North West.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms