AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that three of its AW609 test pilots have received from the Society of Experimental Test Pilots the prestigious Iven C. Kincheloe award and were recognized at the Society’s annual gala.
The Kincheloe Award recognizes outstanding professional accomplishment in the conduct of flight-testing by a test pilot member of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots and is the most visible recognition of the Society’s contribution to the aviation community.
The award was given to recognize the achievements of experimental test pilots Dan Wells, Paul Edwards and Pietro Venanzi, for the successful power-off conversions and autorotation trials that were completed between March and April of 2014.
The tests were conducted as part of FAA civil certification activities and covered the full wind-milling and autorotation envelopes, which earlier in 2014 marked another major achievement for the development of the world’s first civil tiltrotor.
The AW609 flight testing aircraft have so far logged over 1,000 hours, and a third aircraft now in final assembly will soon join the program as development continues towards FAA civil certification.
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Leonardo flies fourth AW609
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- Leonardo to produce AW609 tiltrotor Level D Full Flight Simulator
- Era to launch AW609 into US with two aircraft in 2020
- Canada certifies PT6C-67A engine for AW609
- Leonardo AW609 programme moves forward
- Leonardo rolls out AW609 in Philadelphia
- AW609 prototype moves from Arlington to Philadelphia to resume flight tests
- AW609 resumes test flights
- Third AW609 prototype starts ground runs
- Era Helicopters to help develop EMS role for AW609
- Top 10 stories on HeliHub.com in 2015
- UAE signs for three AW609s in SAR role
- AgustaWestland AW609 test flight – fatal accident
- 30-Oct-15 N609AG AgustaWestland AW609 Vercelli, Italy (2F)
- Héroux-Devtek to provide AW609 landing gear systems
- AW609 claims 1000km record of 2 hours 18 minutes
- AgustaWestland brings AW609 to UK
- AgustaWestland launches AW609 interior design competition