AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that Falcon Aviation Services (FAS) of Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) has signed a contract for two AW189 super medium helicopters in offshore transport configuration. The contract will expand FAS’ fleet of AgustaWestland helicopters, which already includes light helicopters such as the Grand and GrandNew, and will shortly be joined by the new AW169.
The AW189 was designed in response to the growing market demand for a versatile, affordable, multirole medium twin engine helicopter. The new 8.3 tonne AW189 is optimized for long range offshore transport and SAR missions and has already received orders for 130 helicopters, including options and framework contracts, making it the outright market leader in its class.
The spacious cabin is configured with 16 seats as standard with the option for a high density 19-seat layout or a long range 12-seat configuration. The cockpit design, incorporating the latest in advanced situational awareness technologies, reduces crew workload and enhances safety. The AW189 meets the very latest international regulatory safety requirements (EASA / FAA Part 29, JAR OPS 3 / EU-OPS). The AW189 is unique in having a 50 minute ‘run-dry’ capable main gear box, exceeding current certification standards and offering unmatched safety and reliability for long range offshore operations.
The AW189 is part of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW169 and AW139 models, which possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features as well as sharing a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance concept. This commonality will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets across the 4 to 8.3 tonne weight categories.
FAS has established itself as a leader in the aviation market through the provision of innovative products and services. With its main operating base at Al Bateen Executive Airport, situated in the City Centre of Abu Dhabi, FAS is ideally located to serve its customers. Its helicopter and corporate jet fleet offer a wide range of capability, performance and comfort to satisfy its growing list of clients. FAS’ services include corporate jet charter, helicopter tourism, aerial photography & filming, aerial banner advertising, offshore / on-shore oil & gas support, aircraft maintenance (helicopters & executive jets) and aircraft management. FAS is constantly modernizing its fleet to remain abreast of all the technology in the aviation industry.
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189