Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has been selected by Airbus Helicopters to certify and deliver its new LCR-350 Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) for several helicopter platforms.
Developed by Northrop Grumman’s subsidiary in Germany, Northrop Grumman LITEF, the LCR-350 AHRS can be used in civil and military applications on rotary- and fixed-wing platforms, providing critical flight control data regarding an aircraft’s heading and attitude. The LCR-350 will be certified for various Airbus Helicopters platforms. Production of the LCR-350 is expected to begin in 2016.
“Our new LCR-350 is a cost-effective solution designed to perform even in the most demanding environmental conditions that are typical for helicopters,” said Eckehardt Keip, managing director, Northrop Grumman LITEF.
The LCR-350 AHRS features a high-performance, micro-electro-mechanical system inertial measurement unit and is based on the standard LCR-300 AHRS. Additionally, the system enables directional gyro mode operation, which minimizes magnetic compass errors.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visitwww.northropgrumman.com for more information.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)