Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI), the sales leader in airborne law enforcement helicoptersfor more than a decade, will feature the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office new AS350B3e AStar at the 2014 International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference in Orlando, Oct 25-28.
“Our new AS350B3e has exceeded our expectations. I am impressed with the improvements in safety and engineering, as well as the performance and extended TBO’s,” said Stephen Farris, Chief Pilot for the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office. “Standardizing our fleet and getting a second AStar has increased our capability to support our deputies and improved our level of service to the citizens of Seminole County.We have received excellent customer support from Airbus Helicopters.”
The Seminole County AStaris equipped withan advanced avionics and mission equipment suitethat enhances crew safety and law enforcement operational capabilities.This suite includes the Garmin G500H electronic flight information system, Wescam MX-10 thermal imager, Spectrolab SX-16 searchlight and the AeroComputers UC-5100 moving map system. The helicopter is also equipped with a Breeze-Eastern 450 pound rescue hoist, a key tool for performing search and rescue missions.
“The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office has been flying Airbus Helicopters products for the past seven years, after upgrading from a fleet of military surplus aircraft,” said Ed Van Winkle, Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement for Airbus Helicopters Inc.“The addition of the second AStar completes their fleet upgrade and gives the Sheriff’s Office the ability to conduct virtually any type of mission required with a high level of aircraft technology and safety, while keeping operating costs low.”
Airbus Helicopters’ AS350 series helicopters are the most widely purchased by U.S. law enforcement agencies. More than 220 are in use nationwide with 44 different law enforcement agencies, 75 of them delivered in the last five years. Other agencies that have recently purchased AS350-series aircraft include the California Highway Patrol, the Texas Department of Parks & Wildlifeand the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
AHI leads the U.S. market in sales of new helicopters to federal, state and local law enforcement agencieswith a 56 percent market share over the last decade. The spacious cabin and modern safety features of the AS350-series, including energy-attenuating seats and a Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display, make the AStar an industry leader. The cost-effective AS350B3e is the latest model withhigh cruise speed and range, and the ability to conduct a wide array of missions. It is built and certified by Airbus Helicopters Inc. in Columbus, Miss.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. (AHI) is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force