Safe Flight Instrument Corporation of White Plains, NY announced today their new Icing Conditions Detector (ICD) available for all aircraft types. The company highlighted the importance of this new development in avionic safety equipment by choosing Minus 5o Ice Bar located at Pointe Orlando as the venue to introduce the new product.
Ice accretion is a serious hazard to all aircraft. Even miniscule amounts of frost, snow, ice, or slush on the aerodynamic and/or control surfaces of the aircraft can cause significant loss in lift and flight control capability. The most effective means to protect against this often catastrophic threat is to avoid it all together with Safe Flight’s Icing Condition Detector.
The system, currently under evaluation by a variety of airframe types, provides an instantaneous warning when icing conditions are present and before ice accretion has an opportunity to reduce vehicle performance and controllability. Comprised of a single line replaceable unit, the lightweight, low drag safety enhancing equipment is ideal for operations in all modes of flight.
To learn more about the ICD, visit Safe Flight at NBAA booth 1416 where the company will have a system on display.
About Safe Flight: Safe Flight Instrument Corporation, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. Headquartered in White Plains, New York, the company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. In the helicopter market, Safe Flight produces Powerline Detection systems and Exceedance Warning systems. The company provides Angle of Attack systems to the UAV market. Safe Flight products are installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft in the general aviation, corporate, commercial and military sectors. To find out more, please visit www.safeflight.com.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO