Total E&P UK is extending a decades-long relationship with CHC Helicopter in the North Sea, awarding CHC a long-term helicopter transportation contract to support Total’s offshore operations across the United Kingdom Continental Shelf (UKCS).
The contract calls for CHC to operate two Sikorsky S-92 and two Airbus EC225 helicopters on behalf of Total. The helicopters will fly from Aberdeen to Total’s Elgin-Franklin, Alwyn and Dunbar fields, as well as to the mobile drilling rigs Total E&P UK have across the UKCS.
The contract is for up to seven years, includes options for up to two additional years, and will take effect in November.
Total’s operations on the UKCS range from the Elgin-Franklin field, which is in the Central North Sea, about 200 kilometres east of Aberdeen, to the Alwyn field, situated 440 kilometres northeast of Aberdeen, and the Dunbar field, located 22 kilometres south of Alwyn. Total also has mobile drilling rigs on contract that operate across the UKCS from the Central North Sea to the West of Shetland region.
Mark Abbey, CHC’s West North Sea regional director, said the award recognises his company’s long history of skill, passion and consistency flying on behalf of Total for more than 25 years.
“Our pilots, engineers and support teams will continue to use their extensive experience over the North Sea to help Total to go further and do more across its many U.K. investments, and come home safely,” said Mr. Abbey.
CHC Helicopter is a leader in enabling customers to go further, do more and come home safely, including oil and gas companies, government search-and-rescue agencies and organizations requiring helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services through the Heli-One segment. The company operates about 230 aircraft in approximately 30 countries around the world.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics