The delivery of Mi-17V-5 military-transport helicopters to the Afghan National Army was completed in October 2014. Since the contract between Rosoboronexport and the US Department of Defense was signed in 2011, 63 helicopters produced at Kazan Helicopters, part of Russian Helicopters, have been delivered to Afghanistan.
Rosoboronexport proved itself a reliable supplier of military helicopters, and in implementing the contract to supply Mi-17V-5 helicopters to Afghanistan was highly evaluated by its US partners. Mi-8/17 helicopters have shown that they perform well in Afghanistan, with its challenging climate and mountainous areas. The helicopters supplied assist with the successful formation of the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF), and are part of Russia-US cooperation in the fight against international terrorism.
The Russian side, the Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation (FSVTS Russia), confirms it is ready to discuss potential future supplies of Mi- type helicopters, and also to provide maintenance and after-sales servicing to Russian-made helicopters already in operation.
The Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSVTS) is a federal executive body responsible for control and oversight in the field of military-technical cooperation between the Russian Federation and foreign countries.
JSC Rosboronexport, part of the Rostec State Corporation, is Russia’s sole state intermediary agency responsible for import/export of the full range of defense and dual-use products, technologies and services. The company ranks among the leaders in the global arms market. It accounts for over 80% of Russian arms exports. Rosoboronexport cooperates with more than 700 enterprises and organizations of Russia’s defense industrial complex. It maintains military-technical cooperation between Russia and more than 70 countries. In 2013 Rosoboronexport delivered weapons and equipment worth of $13.2 bln to the customers. Currently the order portfolio of Rosoboronexport accounts to about $38 bln.
Russian Helicopters is one of the global leaders in helicopter production and the only helicopter design and production powerhouse in Russia. Russian Helicopters was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Moscow. The company comprises five helicopter production facilities, two design bureaus, a spare parts production and repair facility, as well as an aftersale service branch responsible for maintenance and repair in Russia and all over the world. Its helicopters are popular among Russian ministries and state authorities (Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Emergency Control Ministry), operators (Gazpromavia, UTair), major Russian corporations. In 2013 its IFRS revenues increased 10% to RUB 138.3 billion. Deliveries reached 275 helicopters.
State Corporation Rostec is a Russian corporation founded in 2007 for the purpose of promoting the development, production and export of hi-tech civilian and military industry products. It comprises 700 organisations, nine of which have now been formed as holding companies of the military-industrial complex and five of them are involved in civil industries. Rostec’s organisations are located in 60 constituent entities of the Russian Federation and supply their products to the markets of more than 70 countries. The revenue of Rostec in 2013 amounted to RUB 1, 04 trillion, with net profit of RUB 40 billion. The tax deductions into the treasuries at all levels exceeded RUB 138 billion.
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect