WAI is excited to announce that the scholarships for 2015 now number 100 with the combined value of $570,940. This is the largest number of scholarships and value since the inception of WAI’s scholarship program. These scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s 26th Annual International Conference in Dallas, Texas, held in 2015 from March 5-7 at the Hilton Anatole.
“If you were to look at the roster of these 100 scholarships, you would see the diversity included,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “We have a variety of donors from individuals to multi-national corporations; from flight or engineering to management or maintenance and more. We have a wide range of values as well as a mixture of purposes-from ultra-practical typeratings to a scholarship to pursue any aviation dream.”
There is still time to apply for these 2015 scholarships, including 11 all-new scholarships for 2015. The deadline for applications is a postmark of Monday, November 17, 2014. The only universal qualification is that you must be a current WAI member to apply.
“When we started disbursing scholarships in 1995 we awarded $1,000 with funds raised by WAI members. In 1996 Northwest Airlines provided our first large scholarship which was a type rating. We owe them a big thanks for this initial offering which launched our scholarship program and their support of WAI over the years,” adds Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Now we can offer financial support to career pilots, students, dispatchers, maintenance personnel, flight attendants, engineers and people who fly for fun.”
Complete details on all scholarships as well as an application form and guidelines are available at www.wai.org.
“The important thing to remember about WAI scholarships is that they are not just for students,” says Dr. Chabrian. “We have something to offer members at all stages of their careers. WAI scholarships change lives; we’ve seen that countless times.”
Women in Aviation, International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone (937) 839-4647; Fax (937) 839-4645 or through www.wai.org.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf