WAI is excited to announce that the scholarships for 2015 now number 100 with the combined value of $570,940. This is the largest number of scholarships and value since the inception of WAI’s scholarship program. These scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s 26th Annual International Conference in Dallas, Texas, held in 2015 from March 5-7 at the Hilton Anatole.
“If you were to look at the roster of these 100 scholarships, you would see the diversity included,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “We have a variety of donors from individuals to multi-national corporations; from flight or engineering to management or maintenance and more. We have a wide range of values as well as a mixture of purposes-from ultra-practical typeratings to a scholarship to pursue any aviation dream.”
There is still time to apply for these 2015 scholarships, including 11 all-new scholarships for 2015. The deadline for applications is a postmark of Monday, November 17, 2014. The only universal qualification is that you must be a current WAI member to apply.
“When we started disbursing scholarships in 1995 we awarded $1,000 with funds raised by WAI members. In 1996 Northwest Airlines provided our first large scholarship which was a type rating. We owe them a big thanks for this initial offering which launched our scholarship program and their support of WAI over the years,” adds Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Now we can offer financial support to career pilots, students, dispatchers, maintenance personnel, flight attendants, engineers and people who fly for fun.”
Complete details on all scholarships as well as an application form and guidelines are available at www.wai.org.
“The important thing to remember about WAI scholarships is that they are not just for students,” says Dr. Chabrian. “We have something to offer members at all stages of their careers. WAI scholarships change lives; we’ve seen that countless times.”
Women in Aviation, International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone (937) 839-4647; Fax (937) 839-4645 or through www.wai.org.
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter