The mission capabilities and cost effectiveness of Airbus Helicopters’AS565 MBe Panther has been further validated by Indonesia’s order for 11 rotorcraft to be used in naval anti-submarine warfare (ASW) missions.
Scheduled for deliveries within three years, the AS565 MBe helicopters will be supplied by Airbus Helicopters to PT Dirgantara Indonesia. Through the strategic industrial agreement between these two partners, PT Dirgantara Indonesia will be outfitting these rotorcraft in-country with mission equipment before delivery to the Indonesian Navy. The mission equipment include the Helicopter Long-Range Active Sonar (HELRAS) dipping sonar and torpedo launching system – providing a truly effective mission system for operations from land bases and ships.
“The Panther now becomes one of the world’s most capable light/medium anti-submarine warfare platforms, with an advanced ASW suite and the capability to operate from corvettes or small frigates,” said Philippe Monteux, Head of Region South East Asia & Pacific at Airbus Helicopters.“This fully-capable, modern solution meets the naval requirements of Indonesia and other countries in the region, benefitting from our partnership with PT Dirgantara Indonesia and the industry’s best system suppliers.”
This order will add to the Indonesian Armed Forces’ fleet of Airbus Helicopters rotorcraft serving the country’s defense on land, at sea and in the air. The fleet includes the light EC120 Colibris for training; the Fennecs and BO-105 for light attack missions; the Panthers for anti-submarine warfare missions; and the Pumas and Super Pumas operated by the Air Force who will soon also receive the EC725 for combat search and rescue missions.
The agreements were secured by PT Dirgantara Indonesia as a result of its long-standing cooperation and strategic alliance with Airbus Helicopters. The President of PT Dirgantara Indonesia, Budi Santoso explained, “This latest contract demonstrates the strength and efficiency of our commercial and industrial partnership with Airbus Helicopters. Together, we are able to identify and deliver the most modern and cost-effective solutions for the Indonesian Government and at the same time associate the significant involvement of the Indonesian industry.”
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters, formerly Eurocopter, is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 46 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in approximately 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its customer centers and participations in 21 countries, and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and Press Release certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- French Navy Tests New Navalized Version Of AS365 Dauphin SAR
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs