MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce that we will be an exhibitor and supporting sponsor at the annual Aviation Fascination event at the Commemorative Air Force Museum, 207 North Greenfield Road, Mesa, Arizona, on Friday, November 21, 2014.
“MDHI is proud to be part of the thriving business community in Mesa, and a foundation business in Arizona’s aerospace, aviation and defense industry,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters. “We are honored to be participating in this great community event this year, and look forward to spending the evening with all those who are inspired by the innovation, technology and pure majesty of flying machines.”
This open-to-the-public event celebrates both the history of aviation and the modern advancements in technology and manufacturing that will drive unprecedented growth in the future of aviation. MDHI will proudly display our most advanced Scout Attack Helicopter, the MD 540A; a next generation attack helicopter built on more than 50-years of mission proven performance. This single engine turbine helicopter is configured to serve a comprehensive mission set; ranging from armed aerial escort to special operations and close air combat. Outfitted with a custom weapons package including guided and unguided rockets, Hellfire missiles, and 7.62 mm and .50 caliber machine guns, the MD 540A will offer the maximum lethality in its class.
“We are also very excited to participate alongside the Mesa Police Department Aviation Unit and one of their two MD 500E helicopters,” Kitchen concluded. “Mesa PD has been flying an exclusively MDHI fleet since 1994, flying an average of 8 hours per day, 7 days a week. We appreciate their loyalty to our products, and couldn’t be more proud to support their mission to
provide proactive law enforcement and high quality police services to the Mesa community.”
Aviation Fascination attendees can get close-up views of MDHI’s iconic helicopters as well as vintage and modern aircraft including the B-17 Sentimental Journey, the Boeing Apache attack helicopter, unmanned aerial vehicles and more than two-dozen iconic combat aircraft including the p-51 Mustang, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21, Cessna Bamboo Bomber and others.
“In conjunction with the CAF, we are proud to deliver this event to Mesa and surrounding communities for the 5th consecutive year,” said Sally Harrison, President and CEO of the Mesa Chamber of Commerce. “Mesa has a rich business community, and the addition of MD Helicopters to this year’s event is very exciting.”
In addition to displays from Mesa’s diversity of aviation-focused manufacturing, education, engineering and training companies, many of the city’s best restaurants will be in attendance offering food and beverages for sale.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR system for anti-torque control with no
tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area
access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report