MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce that we will be an exhibitor and supporting sponsor at the annual Aviation Fascination event at the Commemorative Air Force Museum, 207 North Greenfield Road, Mesa, Arizona, on Friday, November 21, 2014.
“MDHI is proud to be part of the thriving business community in Mesa, and a foundation business in Arizona’s aerospace, aviation and defense industry,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters. “We are honored to be participating in this great community event this year, and look forward to spending the evening with all those who are inspired by the innovation, technology and pure majesty of flying machines.”
This open-to-the-public event celebrates both the history of aviation and the modern advancements in technology and manufacturing that will drive unprecedented growth in the future of aviation. MDHI will proudly display our most advanced Scout Attack Helicopter, the MD 540A; a next generation attack helicopter built on more than 50-years of mission proven performance. This single engine turbine helicopter is configured to serve a comprehensive mission set; ranging from armed aerial escort to special operations and close air combat. Outfitted with a custom weapons package including guided and unguided rockets, Hellfire missiles, and 7.62 mm and .50 caliber machine guns, the MD 540A will offer the maximum lethality in its class.
“We are also very excited to participate alongside the Mesa Police Department Aviation Unit and one of their two MD 500E helicopters,” Kitchen concluded. “Mesa PD has been flying an exclusively MDHI fleet since 1994, flying an average of 8 hours per day, 7 days a week. We appreciate their loyalty to our products, and couldn’t be more proud to support their mission to
provide proactive law enforcement and high quality police services to the Mesa community.”
Aviation Fascination attendees can get close-up views of MDHI’s iconic helicopters as well as vintage and modern aircraft including the B-17 Sentimental Journey, the Boeing Apache attack helicopter, unmanned aerial vehicles and more than two-dozen iconic combat aircraft including the p-51 Mustang, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21, Cessna Bamboo Bomber and others.
“In conjunction with the CAF, we are proud to deliver this event to Mesa and surrounding communities for the 5th consecutive year,” said Sally Harrison, President and CEO of the Mesa Chamber of Commerce. “Mesa has a rich business community, and the addition of MD Helicopters to this year’s event is very exciting.”
In addition to displays from Mesa’s diversity of aviation-focused manufacturing, education, engineering and training companies, many of the city’s best restaurants will be in attendance offering food and beverages for sale.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR system for anti-torque control with no
tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area
access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit