MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce that we will be an exhibitor and supporting sponsor at the annual Aviation Fascination event at the Commemorative Air Force Museum, 207 North Greenfield Road, Mesa, Arizona, on Friday, November 21, 2014.
“MDHI is proud to be part of the thriving business community in Mesa, and a foundation business in Arizona’s aerospace, aviation and defense industry,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters. “We are honored to be participating in this great community event this year, and look forward to spending the evening with all those who are inspired by the innovation, technology and pure majesty of flying machines.”
This open-to-the-public event celebrates both the history of aviation and the modern advancements in technology and manufacturing that will drive unprecedented growth in the future of aviation. MDHI will proudly display our most advanced Scout Attack Helicopter, the MD 540A; a next generation attack helicopter built on more than 50-years of mission proven performance. This single engine turbine helicopter is configured to serve a comprehensive mission set; ranging from armed aerial escort to special operations and close air combat. Outfitted with a custom weapons package including guided and unguided rockets, Hellfire missiles, and 7.62 mm and .50 caliber machine guns, the MD 540A will offer the maximum lethality in its class.
“We are also very excited to participate alongside the Mesa Police Department Aviation Unit and one of their two MD 500E helicopters,” Kitchen concluded. “Mesa PD has been flying an exclusively MDHI fleet since 1994, flying an average of 8 hours per day, 7 days a week. We appreciate their loyalty to our products, and couldn’t be more proud to support their mission to
provide proactive law enforcement and high quality police services to the Mesa community.”
Aviation Fascination attendees can get close-up views of MDHI’s iconic helicopters as well as vintage and modern aircraft including the B-17 Sentimental Journey, the Boeing Apache attack helicopter, unmanned aerial vehicles and more than two-dozen iconic combat aircraft including the p-51 Mustang, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21, Cessna Bamboo Bomber and others.
“In conjunction with the CAF, we are proud to deliver this event to Mesa and surrounding communities for the 5th consecutive year,” said Sally Harrison, President and CEO of the Mesa Chamber of Commerce. “Mesa has a rich business community, and the addition of MD Helicopters to this year’s event is very exciting.”
In addition to displays from Mesa’s diversity of aviation-focused manufacturing, education, engineering and training companies, many of the city’s best restaurants will be in attendance offering food and beverages for sale.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR system for anti-torque control with no
tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area
access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020