AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that Helistar de Aviacion of Colombia has signed a contract for two AW139 intermediate twin helicopters, marking the entrance of the type in the Latin American country and the first offshore AW139 in Spanish South America. These aircraft, whose delivery is expected in 2015, will be used to support the offshore OGP industry and will also have provisions to operate emergency medical service missions. The signature took place during Expodefensa 2014 in Bogotà.
With this contract, Helistar will benefit from the outstanding performance and features of the AW139, the helicopter of choice in its weights class for the transport of oil & gas workers around the world, with approximately 300 units in service or on order. Over 800 AW139s have now been ordered worldwide by approximately 220 customers with more than 700 units already in service to perform a wide range of roles including search and rescue, emergency medical services, offshore transport, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement, homeland security and utility.
State-of-the-art technology, outstanding performance, low operating costs and the latest safety standards have made the AW139 the helicopter of choice in the intermediate twin market. With its power reserve, the AW139 delivers Category A (Class 1) performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with an unmatched one engine inoperative capability. The AW139 can carry up to 15 passengers in its spacious cabin.
The AW139 is part, together with the AW169 and AW189, of the AgustaWestland’s Family of new generation helicopters. As well as possessing the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features the helicopters share a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance concepts that will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets from 4.5 to 8 tonnes.
AgustaWestland has a longstanding and well established presence in South America with the sale of hundreds of helicopters for both civil and government applications in a number of countries. Over 250 commercial units have been sold so far in the region.
Helistar is the leading company in the Colombian flying sector. Helistar focuses in providing services with fixed and rotating propeller aircrafts. Helistar has consolidated as one of the fastest growing companies in the aviation sector, always based on a culture of customer service and safety as maximum corporate values.
- AW139 Wet Floor Achieves CAANZ STC
- Summit Aviation Now Serving Leonardo AW139 Owners and Operators
- Leonardo celebrates AW139 20th anniversary
- Babcock wins extension to North Sea SAR contract
- Babcock reaches 20 000 hour milestone with Ambulance Victoria
- AW139 will be Colombia’s new Presidential helicopter
- Wiking takes delivery of latest AW139
- TAI marks composite landmarks, including AW139 production
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor